Discussions

News: OASIS forms SOA Blueprints technical committee

1. OASIS forms SOA Blueprints technical committee (5 messages)

OASIS today announced the formation of the new SOA Adoption Blueprints Technical Committee (TC). The goal of the TC will be to define real world requirements and vendor neutral functions for creating service-oriented applications. As vendors and end users implement the blueprints, we will see the emergence of a gallery of best practices and concrete patterns around SOA that organizations can use to kick-start their projects.

The SOA Blueprints was an industry initiative led by The Middleware Company (TMC) in conjunction with a consortium of vendors and thought leaders in the enterprise Java market. Last November, when the research arm of TMC was discontinued, leading middleware providers and implementers formed a steering committee to determine the fate of SOA Blueprints.

According to Miko Matsumura, vice president of marketing for Infravio Inc., OASIS will make a good home for the project because it archives all committee activities for public view, exposing any vendor-specific agendas so they can be weeded out of the process.

Matsumura submitted the basic, "Generico," blueprint developed at TMC to OASIS and will head the Blueprints TC.
    "The typical response users looking to build a service-oriented architecture have gotten is proper implementation of SOA means, 'Buy my product,'" Matsumura said. "The idea [of the Blueprints] is that a user can turn to a vendor and say, 'You need to implement this blueprint in order to demonstrate your capabilities.'"

Read OASIS looks to build SOA blueprints

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Since the formation of the original TMC "Generico" Blueprint, TheServerSide community has been a great sounding board for debate (sometimes heated) and discussion around these blueprints.

Now, the "Generico" blueprints have found a home at OASIS. Thanks to those who provided input and constructive criticism along the way to make these SOA Blueprints reflective of the best practices available for SOA Builders. Feel free to ping me here if you have any questions or comments.

Best,
    Miko (at) infravio.com
    proposed chair and former TMCer,
    OASIS SOA Adoption Blueprints Technical Committee
  3. The link does work[ Go to top ]

????
  4. original blueprints docs here[ Go to top ]

You can use this link to see the blueprints docs

http://www.soacenter.com
  5. Needs Login[ Go to top ]

But to see any docs there it needs login.
  6. Needs Login[ Go to top ]

dont worry about that, it's just a free Wordpress based download system. If you dont want to give real registration info you can always make up or use a fake yahoo mailbox, so long as you have access to that mailbox. Or you could email me and I'll send you the doc you want.

Miko