Discussions

News: SolarMetric Releases Reference Guide for EJB3.0 Persistence API

1. SolarMetric, Inc. has released a quick reference guide for the EJB 3.0 Persistence API. The guide covers the major interfaces, bootstrapping, primary keys, relationships, mapping annotations, transactions, listeners, callbacks, inheritance, polymorphism, cascading, and embeddable classes on only two pages.

The guide is in PDF format and makes a convenient two-sided reference sheet. Also please note that the guide is based on the current public draft of the specification and we will update the guide as the specification is finalized.

Let us know what you think.

Jeff Lemons
    SolarMetric, Inc.
    jlemons at solarmetric dot com
    http://www.solarmetric.com

Threaded Messages (17)

2. Thanks
  3. This is great, this makes developers lives that much easier when learning new technologies..

Thanx guys!
  4. Kodo 4.0[ Go to top ]

On somewhat different note, when is Kodo 4.0 coming out? Would it be a complete implementation of JDO 2.0?
  5. Kodo 4.0[ Go to top ]

The timing of the Kodo 4.0 release is largely dependent upon the finalization of the JDO2 and EJB3 persistence specifications that Kodo 4.0 implements. Kodo 4.0 will indeed be a full implementation of JDO 2.0 and will likewise support EJB 3 persistence, allowing you to use whichever API best suits your application - even allowing the APIs to be used together in the same application.

We currently have an Early Access Release of Kodo 4.0 available. For more detail please see our Kodo 4.0 Early Access 2 page or review the doucmentation.

Jeff Lemons
    SolarMetric, Inc.
    http://www.solarmetric.com
  6. Helpful,Thanks
  7. awsome[ Go to top ]

very helpful. good work. thank you.
  8. i think one of the most prominent point in the EJB3.0 is to use the meta tag@ in the java source file, which could be supported by the java compiler. also we can call it 'language-level-support'. after taking a look at the quick reference guid, i felt not very chipper for so much obscure tag types in the source file.is this POJO? i think EJB3.0 make a tricky to move the description from the descriptor into the source(so in the j2ee blueprint the developer and deployer role merge together), and use the @tag with aura to declare 'i am pojo'!

i don't think 'language-level-support' always is a good thing. in jdbc-sql age, u need to know sql-9x. now in the EJB3.0 pojo age, now it is also not very easy for u to know or remember the @tag matrix.

what do u think?
  9. what do u think?

So use a descriptor instead. You have the choice.

- Don
  10. The API is significantly simplified. Plus, you wont have to worry about remembering the tags. They will be automatically placed into the source, or meta data will be automatically placed in XML files, through visual tools integrated with your IDE.

The Eclipse JSR220-ORM tooling project in Eclipse will release it's first major milestone Monday so you can check the first evolution of this tooling out soon.

Regards,

Robert Greene
    Versant Corporation
    Eclipse JSR220-ORM team lead
    www.versant.com
  11. Great job.[ Go to top ]

This is by far my favorite persistence framework. It will be nice to have the opportunity to use an open source framework for free, and then migrate it to SolarMetric's engine when you need superior mapping, better administration tools for tuning, better error messages, etc than an open source framework usually provides.

Kudos to Neelan, Patrick, and the rest of the SolarMetric team.
  12. Great job.[ Go to top ]

Kudos to Neelan, Patrick, and the rest of the SolarMetric team.

Agreed. Big Kudos to Solarmetric for helping drive adoption of EJB3.

However Bruce, I'm not sure your fluffy "my favorite rah'rah's" are so credible given Solarmetric is a client of yours:

http://www.j2life.com/clients.htm

- Don
  13. Great job.[ Go to top ]

Congratulations. You found me out. I was afraid someone would notice the Bitter EJB book that Patrick and I wrote together, or the JavaOne talk I gave for them, or the JDO sessions I used to teach for their product. I've got lots of relationships with them, client/co-author/teacher/friend/customer/user/service supplier, because I love their technology, they've got the best support in the business, and they're class individuals.
  14. Great job.[ Go to top ]

You found me out.

Since you're the Solarmetric guru, maybe you can debug this incessant problem TSS has been having off and on for the past few months Bruce:
    ===========
    java.rmi.RemoteException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is: kodo.util.DataStoreException: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Timeout waiting for idle object
    You may return to the TheServerSide.com home page.
    ===========

- Don
  15. Great job.[ Go to top ]

You found me out.
    Since you're the Solarmetric guru, maybe you can debug this incessant problem TSS has been having off and on for the past few months Bruce:===========java.rmi.RemoteException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is: kodo.util.DataStoreException: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Timeout waiting for idle objectYou may return to the TheServerSide.com home page. =========== - Don

I don't think you are being serious, but in general, it's a connection error. It's waiting on a connection. Can be lots of application issues to cause the problem. Leak, connection pool parameter set too low, too many open connections open... generally, an application error.

But that's an excellent example of a specific error message, rather than a more general one that could be much harder to troubleshoot.
  16. Great job.[ Go to top ]

Thanks, no I was being serious... Does anyone else have the "Mark as Noisy", "Post Reply" and "Go to top" links perpetually juxtaposed on a topic page? I thought maybe there was a timeout somewhere on the server related to a busted javascript, perhaps not synching up the right way on the server side.

- Don
  17. Great job.[ Go to top ]

Donald, if you're experiencing problems, you should contact TSS. I've never gotten a timeout error, but TSS can easily up their max active connections or configure the pool to grow rather than block when there are no available connections... either via the Kodo config file or at runtime via Kodo's JMX tools.
  18. Why not using the name from the standard body? Just because it's not sexy enough?