CruiseControl is a tool that enables "Continuous Integration," a process that runs builds constantly and publishes the results, for immediate notification when things don't go well (or when they do).
Major new features:
- Binary release: this all in one distribution combines both the build loop and the reporting modules and makes it really easy and quick to get started thanks to the embedded Jetty Web Container.
- Introduction of Ant-style properties in config.xml. This will make your config file much smaller and easier to maintain.
- Support for adding/removing projects without restarting build loop.
- Added preliminary support for distributed building (contrib).
- New source controls: AlienBrain, Accurev, TimeBuild
- New publishers: OnFailurePublisher, OnSuccessPublisher, SocketPublisher, RSSPublisher, CurrentBuildStatusFTPListener.
- Distributed builder (contrib)