Discussions

News: InfoGlue CMS/Portal 2.0 Final Released

1. InfoGlue CMS/Portal 2.0 Final Released (8 messages)

InfoGlue 2.0 has been released. With this release, InfoGlue has taken the step from being only a good CMS to now being a Portal/CMS hybrid. Many aspects of the system has been improved but JSR168 and performance have been two major focus areas.

This release contains many bugfixes and also features a lot of new functionality and performance improvements.

What do you think - is the direction that InfoGlue has taken towards the portal/cms hybrid a good direction? Should we focus more on other areas?

Threaded Messages (8)

2. Version and workflow support?[ Go to top ]

Does InfoGlue support versioning and Workflow out of the Box. Where Can I see the demo of the latest version.
  3. Version and workflow support?[ Go to top ]

Yes - InfoGlue supports versioning and a publication workflow out of the box. If you wish to add custom workflows it is supported but not graphical. We use OSWorkflow as the workflow-engine and you build a workflow by creating a xml as described by OSWorkflow. An graphical editor for workflows may come in the next version if users require it.

Regards
    Mattias Bogeblad
  4. unix installation?[ Go to top ]

Hello,

I looked on your developer site in the documentation section, and did not find instructions on how to install on a (non-GUI) unix server. Also, I really dont not want to let some script/installer manipulate my configuration files and server directories - I'd rather get a war file that I can deploy using the standard J2EE tools/procedures. Is there anything available in that way? do you support other servlet engines besides tomcat?

thanks,
    christian
  5. correction[ Go to top ]

well, I need to correct myself: there is mentioning of a unix install script. But my other comment still stands: an install script is not an option for me, I want to do the server configuration myself. Is there an documentation to that end that I missed?

thanks,
    christian
  6. Installer[ Go to top ]

The Installer does not manipulate any server configs or anything - it only creates the webapps and context-configs to go with them. If you don't want to use it you can allways deploy the wars in the installer and start editing all settings files by hand and use the sql-files in the installer to create the database etc. Not a way I would recommend but it's not to hard.

Perhaps a new deploy-procedure can be incorporated in the next release. We have thought about it.

Regards
    Mattias Bogeblad
  7. What do you think - is the direction that InfoGlue has taken towards the portal/cms hybrid a good direction? Should we focus more on other areas?

I think portal as a stand-alone product does not make too much sense. Portal offerings are increasingly getting merged with infrastructure and application servers. From that perspective, I think it is a good move to offer portal features along with CMS.

Is there a list of portal features which are being supported bu InfoGlue? Are there any sample portlets bundled?
    Do you support an architecture in which CMS is on a different set of machines and content is actually published to a portal running on physically different machines?

/a
    http://apoorv.info
  8. Problems install info glue[ Go to top ]

Hi,

My System: FC4, running as "root" to install.

This is the first time I'm installing infoglue, having a bit of trouble, it seems as if the installer hadn't installed a subset of files under tomcat/webapps, and as a result, it throws File not found exception. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Complete Installation

It's now time to complete the installation
    by copying the codebase to the webcontainer.

Please press enter to complete the installation.

* The connect phaze starts *
    Loading JDBC driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Connecting to database on jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/infoglue
    Connected...
    Previous version of database:2.0
    Creating castor db-file
    Done setting up database
    About to install cms package to /usr/tomcat/webapps//infoglueCMS
    An exception occurred:/usr/tomcat/webapps/infoglueCMS/WEB-INF/classes/org/infoglue/cms/entities/management/ContentTypeAttributeParameter.class (No such file or directory)
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/tomcat/webapps/infoglueCMS/WEB-INF/classes/org/infoglue/cms/entities/management/ContentTypeAttributeParameter.class (No such file or directory)
       at gnu.java.nio.channels.FileChannelImpl.open(java.lang.String, int) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
       at gnu.java.nio.channels.FileChannelImpl.FileChannelImpl(java.lang.String, int) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
       at java.io.FileOutputStream.FileOutputStream(java.io.File, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
       at java.io.FileOutputStream.FileOutputStream(java.lang.String, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
       at java.io.FileOutputStream.FileOutputStream(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
       at org.infoglue.cmsinstaller.InstallationCommander.unzipCMSWarFile() (Unknown Source)
       at org.infoglue.cmsinstaller.InstallationCommander.installFiles(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
       at org.infoglue.cmsinstaller.InfoGlueCommandLineInstaller.finishInstallation() (Unknown Source)
       at org.infoglue.cmsinstaller.InfoGlueCommandLineInstaller.showFinishDialog() (Unknown Source)
       at org.infoglue.cmsinstaller.InfoGlueCommandLineInstaller.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
       at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.call_main() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
       at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

Complete Installation

It's now time to complete the installation
    by copying the codebase to the webcontainer.

Please press enter to complete the installation.
  9. Are modules available[ Go to top ]

Are there any plug-in modules available for InfoGlue to add additional features and if so can anyone tell me a good source for these.

Tim
    ---------
    EPiX