Most notable new features:
- full I18N support - delivered with 15 major languages
- native search
- import/export of XML based data
- supports several JSR-170 compliant repository implementations, including the Open Source implementations "Jackrabbit" and "Jeiceira" as well as commercial alternatives.
- improved performance through 70% reduction in number of nodes compared to Magnolia 2.0
- simple war-file drop-in deployment on any J2EE container
- run as many Magnolia sites as you like within a single J2EE container for cost-effective hosting
- choice of two leading cross-browser rich-text editors - Kupu and fckEditor
- vastly improved module mechanism to provide for flexible and easy extensibility
Magnolia for Web Content 2.1. is the first member of the newly created Magnolia Suite. The Suite's foundation is the Magnolia Server, a framework for developing JSR-170 based software that is powerful, easy-to-use, standards-compliant and flexible.
Magnolia sports an active international developer community lead by obinary, Switzerland, and is used throughout the world by corporations of any size and in any business.