Mule is an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) messaging framework. It is a scalable, distributable object broker that can handle interactions with services and applications using disparate transport and messaging technologies.
Noteworthy in this release:
- JBI - Mule Transports, Components and Transformers can be used inside any JBI compliant container. Additionally, Mule components can interact with JBI containers using the new JBI binding.
- BPEL - Mule integrates with FiveSight's PXE WS-BPEL execution engine to provide a BPEL component.
- EJB - EJB Session beans can be managed as Mule components. Mule will load the beans from an existing container. EJB objects can also be invoked by Mule.
- Event Scheduling using Quartz
- FTP support.
- RMI Support.
- SOAP over any transport such as JMS or XMPP (Jabber)
- Improved REST Service invocation and orchestration.