Discussions

General J2EE: looking for pure java library for converting documents to pdf

1. hi all,

i m looking for pure java library (free and commerial) for converting document including ascii, image, .doc, .xls, .ppt and etc to pdf file. Any recommendation for this?

thx in advance
  2. hi all,i m looking for pure java library (free and commerial) for converting document including ascii, image, .doc, .xls, .ppt and etc to pdf file. Any recommendation for this? thx in advance

I dont think there is any single library providing all such features and that too free and commercial.
    <br/>
    You can have a look at <a href="www.lowagie.com/iText/">iText</a> - free PDF generation library.

Thanks,
    Jay
  3. Open Office... but not Java[ Go to top ]

Open Office is capable of exporting all of its documents in PDF formats. It can also open MS Office documents, and export them to PDF. However, it isn't Java, and the PDF exports may not be perfect from MS Office documents. There is some level of Java integration in Open Office, but I don't know how much you can do with it.
  4. converting documents to pdf[ Go to top ]

ya u can convert the documents in to pdf(any format also) use third party jar file (in lib directory of ur class path )i.e SnowBound.jar
  5. A very good commercial API for working with PDF files is the Big Faceless Java PDF Library.  It doesn't have anything for reading some of the document formats you reference directly, but perhaps you could code that with POI?