Discussions

General J2EE: Are Hibernate users silly?

1. Are Hibernate users silly? (3 messages)

I had found one piece of comment in Hibernate source code.
    It reads
    // The CollectionEntry.isReached() stuff is just to detect any silly users who set up circular or shared references between/to collections.

The comment lies in org.hibernate.engine.Collections class, starting from line 126 to 127.

I don't know what Gavin King mean by using the word silly.

Threaded Messages (3)

2. to much time on your hand[ Go to top ]

I can't believe your silly a** is reading every comment posted in the source code...

i am sure many of us have posted dumber things in the ole comment bracket of code.
  3. To Jeryl Cook[ Go to top ]

I can't believe your silly a** is reading every comment posted in the source code...
    Are these your words? Do you mean the man who read comments in the source code is silly a**? Just silly people always think others silly.

I was not intended to find something in Hibernate source code. I just found this incidentally when I was debugging my application. I had used Hibernate for a long time and I know it is a great product. I just want to say: without users' support, it can not be so popular.
  4. I don't know what Gavin King mean by using the word silly.

Y'all have to realize GK is Australian (recently voted "nationals most likely to say what they think, without considering who might be offended").

I wish every application I used had a check for the silliness I might have coded.

*sigh* Years ago, code comments used to be so much more entertaining.