From the release notes:
- Improved JBI support including both interface based routing as well as service based routing together with improved WSDL parsing
- Support for Publish Subscribe Routing
- Improved JAX WS support
- Migration to XBean as the XML configuration mechanism which works with any Spring release and allows us to mix and match ServiceMix configuration with other XML configuration mechanisms like ActiveMQ and Jencks
- Migration to backport.util.concurrent to make it easier to move direct to a pure Java 5 solution.
- a new Loan Broker example from the EIP Patterns Book
- a new simpler POJO based deployment model
- build reorganised to make ServiceMix more modular
- a new ChainedComponent which implements simple pipelines of components easily
Are you using a JBI container or other enterprise service bus currently? What features do you look for in an ESB container, or what would make you use a specific one?