Discussions

TSS feedback: Where can i buy TSS source code?

1. Where can i buy TSS source code? (6 messages)

Iam looking out for a complete J2EE web project, with complete source code. Is TSS source code availabe for buying? Please suggest me any other good J2EE projects with source code.

Thanks in advance

Threaded Messages (6)

2. I would guess that there's probably a lot of books on the subject that lets you download case study size source codes.
    Either that, or you can find an open source project to look over the shoulder.
  3. Where can i buy TSS source code?[ Go to top ]

What are you wanting to do with it? Are you wanting all the modules, just some of the modules?

If you're wanting portal software you can use jboss portal, or liferay portal. If you want a commercial product then ibm, oracle, and bea all have expensive products.. we might be able to provide a better solution if we understood your problem better.

www.binaryfrost.com
  4. Thank you for the replies[ Go to top ]

I am a beginner in J2EE technologies. I am a software engineer in a reputed firm. My project requirements limit me to work in only JSPs. I want to know how real time websites are implemented in J2EE?How do they handle millions of sessions everyday? How does the architecture affect the scalability and performance of the system.How exactly clustering is implemented? I dont think I will learn all these things by just reading some books. My project doesn't allow me to explore all these areas. So I thought if I get source code of some website like TSS, it could help me a lot in implementing a real time J2EE website.

Thanks in advance....
  5. Thank you for the replies[ Go to top ]

Well, you will be able to find most of this stuff on the net, and discussed pretty throughly. You just have to dig a little bit.

The first thing I would do is figure out what architecture and software you're going to be running.

Apache + Jboss (Tomcat) bundled, IBM solution, BEA solution, etc? There is usually also hardware used for scalability as well, and I hear Tangosol cacheing solution helps too.

Are you sure you're only limited to JSP's & a MVC framework... that will cut down on your scalability, but will keep it simplistic. You could run tomcat only, with no cacheing, and front load it with a sticky session f5 solution. then you could scale out boxes as needed to manage the scale. With that setup, if a box goes down, all the users will lose their session (no http session replication), which is most likely acceptable. If it's not then you need to have a more complex solution in place.

hope that helps,

www.binaryfrost.com
    I am a beginner in J2EE technologies. I am a software engineer in a reputed firm. My project requirements limit me to work in only JSPs. I want to know how real time websites are implemented in J2EE?How do they handle millions of sessions everyday? How does the architecture affect the scalability and performance of the system.How exactly clustering is implemented? I dont think I will learn all these things by just reading some books. My project doesn't allow me to explore all these areas. So I thought if I get source code of some website like TSS, it could help me a lot in implementing a real time J2EE website.Thanks in advance....
  6. Thank you for the replies[ Go to top ]

I also forgot to mention, if you're really worried about scalability, and having a huge load. i would keep as much stuff out of the HTTPSession object, and the Application scope. Have everything or as much as possible in request.
    Keep in mind though, some things are better left in session vs. request. This is where it takes experience to develop solid and secure web applications.

www.binaryfrost.com
    Well, you will be able to find most of this stuff on the net, and discussed pretty throughly. You just have to dig a little bit.The first thing I would do is figure out what architecture and software you're going to be running. Apache + Jboss (Tomcat) bundled, IBM solution, BEA solution, etc? There is usually also hardware used for scalability as well, and I hear Tangosol cacheing solution helps too.Are you sure you're only limited to JSP's & a MVC framework... that will cut down on your scalability, but will keep it simplistic. You could run tomcat only, with no cacheing, and front load it with a sticky session f5 solution. then you could scale out boxes as needed to manage the scale. With that setup, if a box goes down, all the users will lose their session (no http session replication), which is most likely acceptable. If it's not then you need to have a more complex solution in place.hope that helps,www.binaryfrost.com
    I am a beginner in J2EE technologies. I am a software engineer in a reputed firm. My project requirements limit me to work in only JSPs. I want to know how real time websites are implemented in J2EE?How do they handle millions of sessions everyday? How does the architecture affect the scalability and performance of the system.How exactly clustering is implemented? I dont think I will learn all these things by just reading some books. My project doesn't allow me to explore all these areas. So I thought if I get source code of some website like TSS, it could help me a lot in implementing a real time J2EE website.Thanks in advance....
  7. hi there,

having the source code and expecting to understand scalability , clustering and millions of sessions handling is like ... buying a house to "learn" how it was built !!!

if you are beginner I would recommend a good structured j2ee book (or training if you can afford it) and there you can focus where you would like more... stay away from the "millions of s..." at the beggining, focus to understand and feel comfortable with basics and then you will see yourself that later on ... fancy concepts such as: architecture, millions of sess... , scalability, real time, performance, clustering etc are not "coded" or visible into the source code anyway ....

aaa ome more thing... as funny and weird as it sounds ...
    if you dont undestand (or skip) the basics then evrything works the opposite:
    architecture is not setup properly,
    from the 7th session your app get stuck or crashes,
    for scalability the number without the millions start to make sense,
    real time is meant for smth else,
    perfomance is not so bad ...(for the first 6 users only) and
    clustering doesn work ... as much as you use it ...