Discussions

Blogs: Christian Bauer on "Testing EJB3 apps with TestNG"

1. Christian Bauer, in "Testing EJB3 apps with TestNG," says that "after using TestNG only for a a day or two, I think that its so much better than JUnit that I wonder why I didn't try earlier."

The blog entry is also notable in that it walks through a very nice example of using EJB3 container from a standalone application.
  2. Ejb3Unit 2.0 is extending nicely the Junit framework for ejb3 testing. I am wondering how it could integrate with TestNG? By the way, the 2.0 version is coming with (http://ejb3unit.sourceforge.net/Roadmap.html): * Improvement: No dependencies - on jar thats it!! (only log4j.jar and optional jmock.jar [for mocked tests] will be required). This will ease the installation and development in large projects because less dependencies are required. No jar file conflicts anymore! * New Feature: Support for relational CSV data loaders. Load your test data with references! * New Feature: Support for peristence.xml no need to specify your persistence objects for every test! * Improvement: Completely refactored EntityManger life cycle handling - will speed up your testing! * Improvement: Support of the new jMock2 framework! * Improvement: More feedback for failing test cases! * Improvement: Broken entities (e.g. syntax error in query) will not break other tests anymore! * Lots of bug fixes!