Servlet package in Eclipse

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Servlet package in Eclipse

1. Servlet package in Eclipse (5 messages)

Hi

i am using Eclipse for developing web application. But it does not include javax.servlet api. could any body tell me to include javax.servlet

thank you

with regards
    Sonu

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Get yourself an ApplicationServer[ Go to top ]

Hi,
     As far as I know you need an ApplicationServer to get the Servlet classes. It's the ApplicationServer developers who write the implementations to all j2ee interfaces. Once you install an ApplicationServer you get the classes as jar in lib dir of server.
          U can use Tomcat,weblogic and all those servers.

Regards..
    Yogesh
  3. Servlet package in Eclipse[ Go to top ]

Hi,
      In order to develop webapplication's using Eclipse you need to install plugin's, as Eclipse can't support J2EE by itself.
    I am aware of a plugin called Myeclipse which is desinged for J2EE support. Myeclipse has a trial version which is valid for a month from there on it's subscription fee is $35 per year.

Install trial version and you will automatically see javax.servlet etc....
  4. Servlet package in Eclipse[ Go to top ]

Hi i am using Eclipse for developing web application. But it does not include javax.servlet api. could any body tell me to include javax.servletthank you with regardsSonu

The web application requires a server to deploy or run (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere etc).

Go in Eclipse,
    Right Click on Project & select properties.
    Go in Build Path.
    Go to Liberaries Tab.
    Press 'Add External Jar' and browse to the Servlet-api.jar from any of the servers you are using and then press OK.

The package will be available to you!
  5. Re: Servlet package in Eclipse[ Go to top ]

I have to that for every dynamic web project using servlets? Is it possible to do that only once and making the jar available for every web project?
  6. ok[ Go to top ]

thanks!!!