Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: invalidate session when closing browser
i have created a session in my jsp. and i want to end the sesion when the user closes its browser.
- Posted by: sertac ozturk
- Posted on: December 12 2005 11:33 EST
thanx all !
- invalidate session when closing browser by Vijayakumar Govindasamy on December 12 2005 23:49 EST
- Cookie Timeout by Rich Dredge on December 14 2005 00:11 EST
- invalidate session when closing browser by sertac ozturk on December 14 2005 09:43 EST
- close session by jacinto molina on September 29 2010 08:10 EDT
Hi u can use this session timeout can be specified on web.xml
U can also try this,I was using the project at http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/.
thanx Vijayakumar Govindasamy;
the project is usefull and does what i want.. thanx for ur help,
but i think i couldnt explain what i want..
my problem is: i when the user logs in, i have created a session. i define its timeout period, and the session works but the user closes its browser, and reopen it, paste the direct link whic i use in my web app., and the session is still alive.. but i want to drop the session when the user closes all the program windows..
If you don't specify a maxage value when writing the session cookie, it will be treated as a temporary cookie by the browser, and destroyed when the browser is closed. Any new browser sessions will not have this cookie, and therefore the application server will initiate a new session.
i was using mozilla as a web browser, mozilla doesnt end session when the browser closed..
but internet explorer kills the session and act as i want..
did you resolve this situation??
session-timeout is correct but I need to invalidate session on close browser..