deploying MDB in weblogic cluster

Discussions

General J2EE: deploying MDB in weblogic cluster

1. deploying MDB in weblogic cluster (3 messages)

Hi,
    Can any body tell me how to deploy Message driven bean in a weblogic 8.1 cluster.

Thanks,
    Shridhar

Threaded Messages (3)

2. deploying MDB in weblogic cluster[ Go to top ]

Hi,

You have asked very open questions. It would be far easier for someone like me to answer a more specific que.

But even then in briefly i would try :

1. Create a Queue whose JNDI name is cluster aware.

2. Deploy the MDB on every node targetted towards that cluster aware JMS Queue.

So in a nutshell, you need to deply MDB instaces on all the nodes pointing to a clustered JMS queue.

Hope this would help you.

Refer to weblogic docs. They are good.

Let me know more specific info abt problems you are facing.

Shrini
  3. deploying MDB in weblogic cluster[ Go to top ]

Hi Shriniwas,
    Thanks for the help.
    Hi,You have asked very open questions. It would be far easier for someone like me to answer a more specific que.But even then in briefly i would try :1. Create a Queue whose JNDI name is cluster aware. 2. Deploy the MDB on every node targetted towards that cluster aware JMS Queue.So in a nutshell, you need to deply MDB instaces on all the nodes pointing to a clustered JMS queue.Hope this would help you.Refer to weblogic docs. They are good.Let me know more specific info abt problems you are facing.Shrini

What exactly you mean by

1. Create a Queue whose JNDI name is cluster aware.

Is it a JMS queue to be created in every weblogic\JMSservers in the cluster or distrubuted queue to be created from admin server and target to clustered JMS servers?

I mean when I create Distrubuted queues (for example:"MyQueue" from admin server,actual queue name in managed servers jms server are like "MyQueue@auto-managedserver1"

Client program shold look up for JMS queue from adminserver or comma separated managed servers??

Thanks,
  4. deploying MDB in weblogic cluster[ Go to top ]

Hi,

Well I guess you understod what I mean, but let me clarify it again.

1. The MDB is deployed on every server.

2. On admin console, when you create a JMS queue we need to specify the JNDI name. Next to this field there is checkbox for making the name cluster aware. Tick it so that your JNDI name is cluster aware and rest of the clustering mechanism is implemented by weblogic.

good luck.
    shrini