How to capture user navigation

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: How to capture user navigation

1. How to capture user navigation (5 messages)

Hi

I have an application that provides links to external web application. Is there a way that I can capture the links that the user is navigating from my application. Maybe using a frame where the user has its external application and from another frame capturing the URLs. Is this possible?

Threaded Messages (5)

2. How to capture user navigation[ Go to top ]

I'd think the best approach is to simply not provide direct links to external URLs have some kind of dispatcher servlet or action that records the destination chosen and then sends the user off. How you do this will depend of course on the web framework that yo are using (if any)
  3. How to capture user navigation[ Go to top ]

Thanks for the quick reply

Yes, this will work for the first URL. But once I get to the first page of the external application I can't capture the user navigation.
  4. Thanks for the quick replyYes, this will work for the first URL. But once I get to the first page of the external application I can't capture the user navigation.

Yes I thnk ,Definetly it is not possible to capture the user navigation of external application
  5. Hi

What if you have the URL in a frame and via JavaScript try to capture the URL. Is this possible?
  6. How to capture user navigation[ Go to top ]

But once I get to the first page of the external application I can't capture the user navigation.
    And I'm glad of that - once the user is out of your domain and into an external site then where they go from there should not really be of interest to you.
    What's the use case that requires you to track browser usage in this way?