XML & Web services: Web Services testing tool
- Posted by: Gediminas Aleknavicius
- Posted on: February 10 2006 03:59 EST
Could anyone recommend any web services testing tools. Something like http://www.stylusstudio.com/ws_tester.html, but free/opensource.
- Web Services testing tool - soapui! by Ole Matzura on February 12 2006 11:16 EST
- jakarta JMeter by Saqib Rasul on February 24 2006 06:23 EST
- Re: Web Services testing tool by Mamoon Yunus on September 23 2006 08:22 EDT
- I'd like to recommend SOA Cleaner by Amos Azaria on May 13 2009 02:56 EDT
- Vordel SOAPbox - Free testing tool for XML, REST, SOAP, etc by Mark O'Neill on September 09 2009 07:54 EDT
- Web Services testing tool by Arun Majumdar on March 18 2012 20:12 EDT
- Web Services testing tool (Examine) by Murali Krishnan on July 15 2012 08:46 EDT
- sacrina by jamal lotfy on August 27 2012 10:00 EDT
I obviously have to recommend my own soapui project (http://www.soapui.org), which is a free open-source tool (LGPL licensed) containing a large number of usefull testing features. A 1.5 version will be available shortly adding loadtesting and groovy-scripting to existing test-functionality. Hope it meets your requirements, if not please post your feature requests to the sourceforge forums :-)
You could also try Jakarta' JMeter
Crosscheck Networks has a free edition called SOAPSonar Personal Edition. You can download it from http://www.crosschecknet.com.
SOA Cleaner is written in .net, however it has a high level of interoperability with Java-based Web Services frameworks, as well. it's very light weighted, and very easy to use. it's currently free. can be downloaded at: http://xyrow.com
Check out Vordel SOAPbox - it's free from here: http://www.vordel.com/products/soapbox/
You may use Web Service Testing Tool (EZTM) from http://www.induscf.com for free of cost. In addition to web service testing it has input data management; capturing expected results and comparison of test results with expected results. It supports MTOM, WSA, WS-Security, WS-Reliability and http(s) methods in WSDL.
I know the OP was looking for a free/open source testing tool, but I thought I would mention about Examine, a commercial web services testing tool that is a multi-user web based (server-side) application with awesome support for SOAP and REST testing with deep ws-security integration and some much needed tools like SAML token generator, STS client, XML tools, test suite scheduling etc. It has a responsive, intuitive and easy-to-use ajax interface that is fun to use. Check out its feature set at : http://www.stratumsoft.com/examine-features/
You can get a free 15-day trial at http://www.stratumsoft.com .
Looks like the features link broke when I typed it in - this is the correct one: http://www.stratumsoft.com/examine-features/