I am trying to determine if JSF - MyFaces or RI can interoperate with ColdFusion Pages. I deployed a Coldfusion application on JBoss 4.0.2. ColdFusion Servlets deployed fine, able to bring cfm pages fine. Now, I would like interoperate CFM with JSF. What I mean is, the ability of CFM to render JSF tags. I have Faces configuration in web.xml, Faces Context/Servlets loads fine.

I have a page called login.jsp, which ofcourse gets called when i hit http://localhost:port/jsp/login.faces. login.jsp has only a jsp:forward to login.cfm. Now, login.cfm is the one that contains the JSF tags

<cfapplication name="action" sessionmanagement="yes">
<cfimport taglib="/WEB-INF/lib/myfaces_html.tld" prefix="h">
<cfimport taglib="/WEB-INF/lib/myfaces_core.tld" prefix="f">

<f:view>
<h:form id="loginForm">

<h:panelGrid id="loginGrid" columns="2">

<h:outputText value="UserId" />

<h:inputText id="userName" value="xxxxx"
required="true">
<f:validateLength minimum="1" />
</h:inputText>

<h:outputText value="Password" />

<h:inputSecret id="password" value="password"
required="true">
<f:validateLength minimum="3" />
</h:inputSecret>

<h:commandButton id="submit" value="submit" />

</h:panelGrid>

</h:form>
</f:view>

we cannot define a URI for the taglib in CFM pages, so i had to pull the tlds out and reference it. Now that all is set, I get this error, using Sun-RI

java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.setupResponseWriter(UIComponentTag.java:923)
at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:408)
at com.sun.faces.taglib.jsf_core.ViewTag.doStartTag(ViewTag.java:105)
at cflogin2ecfm1335369623.runPage(C:\Program Files\JBoss\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\.\deploy\ColdFusionRI.war\cfm\login.cfm:23)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:147)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:357)
at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:62)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:107)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:80)

It is not able to Propogate the FacesContext to the cfm page, is my guess. Thats why its failing in setupResponseWriter which needs FacesContext.

Using MyFaces, I get a blank page, which is again an indicative of the fact that it doesnt know anything about the Faces Context.

I know this is a strange problem, I dont find anyone doing this Interoperation of CFM-JSF on the internet, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.