Discussions

News: Lucene 1.9 released

1. Lucene 1.9 released (8 messages)

Lucene 1.9 has been released with a lot of new features, bug fixes and optimizations. 1.9 will be the last 1.x release. It is both back-compatible with 1.4.3 and forward-compatible with the upcoming 2.0 release.

Here are some highlights from the change log:
    • Added support for stored compressed fields
    • Added support for binary stored fields
    • Add ParallelReader, an IndexReader that combines separate indexes over different fields into a single virtual index
    • Added class org.apache.lucene.index.IndexModifier which combines IndexWriter and IndexReader, so you can add and delete documents without worrying about synchronisation/locking issues.
    • Added regular expression queries, RegexQuery and SpanRegexQuery.

Threaded Messages (8)

2. Compass[ Go to top ]

Of course, if you want a rich API that layers on top of lucene, gives you thread safety, transaction support, JDBC store, resource mapping, and automatic synchronization with your persistence layer, you should really really have a look at http://www.compassframework.org/
  3. re: Compass[ Go to top ]

Any idea when Compass will support Lucene 1.9? I couldn't find a roadmap anywhere (isn't there a Maven plugin for generating those? ;-)
  4. LIUS[ Go to top ]

LIUS stands for Lucence Index Update and Search, and
    is a java framework offering extensive text extraction
    features from variety of document formats.

LIUS extends capabilities of Apache Lucene to index variety of file formats MS Word,MS Excel,MS Powerpoint,
    RTF,PDF,XML,HTML,TXT,Open office documents and Java objects too.

It is a intermediatary layer built over Lucene abstracting Apache POI ,PDFBox,Textmining and other text extraction api's. This layer is implemented as an abstract Java class

For more information on LIUS, check it http://www.bibl.ulaval.ca/lius/index.en.html
  5. LIUS[ Go to top ]

LIUS stands for Lucence Index Update and Search, andis a java framework offering extensive text extractionfeatures from variety of document formats.LIUS extends capabilities of Apache Lucene to index variety of file formats MS Word,MS Excel,MS Powerpoint,RTF,PDF,XML,HTML,TXT,Open office documents and Java objects too.It is a intermediatary layer built over Lucene abstracting Apache POI ,PDFBox,Textmining and other text extraction api's. This layer is implemented as an abstract Java classFor more information on LIUS, check it http://www.bibl.ulaval.ca/lius/index.en.html

Hey someone from my university :) BTW, LIUS is very great! Worth a try.
  6. re: Compass[ Go to top ]

I think you'll find it already does. Compass has been using the Lucene 1.9 RC for quite some time. I'm sure Shay is on the ball and will update the jars with the next 0.9 release.

- Richard
  7. Compass[ Go to top ]

Of course, if you want a rich API that layers on top of lucene, gives you thread safety, transaction support, JDBC store, resource mapping, and automatic synchronization with your persistence layer, you should really really have a look at http://www.compassframework.org/
    I wish I could get my (off hours) application done so I could use Compass + Lucene.
  8. Congratulations...[ Go to top ]

Congrats on the new release. A fantastic piece of software made even better.
  9. Lucene 1.9 released[ Go to top ]

Lucene 1.9 has been released with a lot of new features, bug fixes and optimizations. 1.9 will be the last 1.x release. It is both back-compatible with 1.4.3 and forward-compatible with the upcoming 2.0 release.Here are some highlights from the change log:
    • Added support for stored compressed fields
    • Added support for binary stored fields
    • Add ParallelReader, an IndexReader that combines separate indexes over different fields into a single virtual index
    • Added class org.apache.lucene.index.IndexModifier which combines IndexWriter and IndexReader, so you can add and delete documents without worrying about synchronisation/locking issues.
    • Added regular expression queries, RegexQuery and SpanRegexQuery.

I can not believe the range query bug/limitation is not fixed..

u cannot search over a range like 20010101 to 20060101, this issue is all over the web..and is not fixed in 1.9 wtf?