For those that do not have a chance to try this different MVC framework, now it is a very good time. Version 1.2 (http://www.mentaframework.org/
) ships with cool new features.
The main characteristics of the framework are:
- Programmatic configuration approach in an independent file (now supports configuration through dynamic script languages, too)
- Pragmatic approach: "get out of my way, I just want to create my web site!"
- Very complete: it solves every web development repetitive task.
- Very low learning curve, because we can't ask for much of your time to learn yet another framework.
- Very flexible and lightweight.
- Separation of concepts: keeps your action very clean!
The new features shipping in version 1.2 are:
- Beanshell configuration and support for other dynamic scripting languages through the abstract ScriptApplicationManager class.
- Debug mode so you can see the magic of the framework behind every request, step by step.
- New configuration styles through new methods (java style x ruby style)
- Integration with Ajax through AjaxConsequence
- Simple caches (LIFO, FIFO, etc) as well as distributed powerful dynamic caches using Jgroups
- Better documentation for the useful VO/OV/Injection/Output filters.
- And much more...
More info here: http://www.mentaframework.org/