Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Best Web FrameWork and reporting tool for webapps?
- Posted by: Chandrakant Chouhan
- Posted on: March 22 2006 09:38 EST
With So Many web framework avialable, which is best one for a middle size web application with database size 1GB, Jonas Server, Linux .
Also which reporting tools is good.
- Best Web FrameWork and reporting tool for webapps? by Alexandre Poitras on March 22 2006 21:33 EST
- Best Reporting tool by David Thielen on March 23 2006 20:39 EST
- Best Web FrameWork and reporting tool for webapps? by Neil Salter on April 03 2006 18:32 EDT
- Try this reporting tool by Herberts NEWTON on December 21 2009 09:20 EST
Hi, With So Many web framework avialable, which is best one for a middle size web application with database size 1GB, Jonas Server, Linux . Also which reporting tools is good.Regards Chandrakant
There are a lot of papers comparing web frameworks on the web and especially on this site and it is too long to repeat it here.
For reports, I suggest you to look at Eclipse BIRT. We haven't try it yet but look very promising.
I may be biased but Windward Reports is the best one out there. The report design is all done in your word processor like Microsoft Word so you don't need to learn anything.
thanks - dave
For a reporting tool, Jasper Reports (http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/) has a reasonable amount of good press, and is free. I've been using it for a little over a year and while it's not without its limitations, I have been pretty happy with it.
As far as web franework is concerned, there are many! FYI Spring's MVC framework has built-in support for Jasper Views (http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/view.html#view-jasper-reports)
Hi, Why cant you try FastReport ? I find it a very userful and easy to use at the same, does a job. : http://fast-report.com/en/products/ Hope this helps.