April Fool's Notification: There's a Joke somewhere on TSS.

Discussions

News: April Fool's Notification: There's a Joke somewhere on TSS.

1. As is TSS' normal tradition, in line with the rest of the Internet, TSS is participating in the April Fool's merriment by posting a specific humourous item somewhere online. If you're interested, see if you can locate the somewhat-hidden April Fool's item.

It may be difficult; it might not. It could be buried in static content, or it might be somewhere in an article or a discussion forum. Good luck!

Threaded Messages (24)

2. Damn, and here I thought the whole site has always been a joke :-p
  3. LOTFL!

Even the release announcement of RIFE? :D
  4. LOTFL!Even the release announcement of RIFE? :D
    Sure, do you actually *know* someone that uses it? =|8-)
  5. Another crappy API[ Go to top ]

Could it be another announcement of a 0.02 API that promises to be the most flexible and scalable API ever written?
  6. As is TSS' normal tradition, in line with the rest of the Internet, TSS is participating in the April Fool's merriment by posting a specific humourous item somewhere online. If you're interested, see if you can locate the somewhat-hidden April Fool's item.It may be difficult; it might not. It could be buried in static content, or it might be somewhere in an article or a discussion forum. Good luck!

It seems we know this already without this announcement.

Rick Hightower (linked in),blog
    JSF, Spring, and Hibernate training and consulting
  7. How do we know that this post isn't the April Fools joke? Making everyone search this whole site for a joke that isn't even there.

It's like that test we all got in school where the first step states that you need to read the entire test before answering any of the questions. Then the last step says that you should put your pencil down and not write anything at all.

David
  8. I found it![ Go to top ]

It was hidden in plain sight. Very funny!
  9. Both other headline posts of today are good contenders, I think - just look:

"Building JSP's without Code" and "Another Rails-like web framework: Waffle"
  10. Both other headline posts of today are good contenders, I think - just look:"Building JSP's without Code" and "Another Rails-like web framework: Waffle"

Good one. :)
  11. Has Rolf Tolerud comes back and I didn't notice it ?
  12. It's not Easter ![ Go to top ]

Joseph,

Easter is the day you look for easter eggs.

April fools is the day you make a posting like "Sun bought by Microsoft" and the 10 people who own Sun shares sell them and then you say "April Fools !"

Gordon
  13. So where is it?
  14. Hehe, funny to see you struggling with the search. And please, click on the advertising on each page you open during your search ;).
  15. Continental drift, maybe?
  16. I found it.[ Go to top ]

Finally I found it.
    it is here
    http://www.theserverside.com/news/128qsl/apj.tss?message_id=29376
  17. Waterfall 2006[ Go to top ]

I submitted a news item for the Waterfall 2006 conference which was a great April fools day joke but apparently it never made it into the mix. Too bad, I laughed so hard I cried reading some of the stuff on that faux conference site.
  18. Waterfall 2006[ Go to top ]

I submitted a news item for the Waterfall 2006 conference which was a great April fools day joke but apparently it never made it into the mix. Too bad, I laughed so hard I cried reading some of the stuff on that faux conference site.
    Sadly, that particular meme made the rounds on the internet quite a while ago. It's hilarious, yes, but as an April Fool's joke? It's not original enough. Sorry about that.
  19. Waterfall 2006[ Go to top ]

The conference date was 1 April, seemed very April 'foolish' to me.
  20. I searched and searched and searched and finally I got it:

Do you know the fairy tale "The Emperor's new clothes"? There is this situation where the nude emperor shows the public his wonderful new clothes. While everyone sees the nude emperor no one is brave enough to tell it because all think that they are just too stupid to see those wonderful new clothes. But then a little child shouts "The emperor is nude"...

So I will be brave: There is no april fools joke 2006 on TSS and there has never existed one. The real joke is that some posters see a joke where there exists no joke. I am sure Joseph & Co are laughing their ass of because of this highly interesting psychological phenomenon. I will stick with this opinion until someone proves (valid URL) where it is!

Message to the editors: While looking for the april joke I found several warez offers on TSS. On a community site where most people make a living from writing software I think such content is inappropriate! Please delete it!
  21. I have to add something:

Maybe some people think it is funny to announce a joke that doesn't exist. So this announcement could be considered as the real joke (as there exists no other). But I don't think that is funny at all. Thanks for wasting my time!
  22. This is sad[ Go to top ]

Do you know the fairy tale "The Emperor's new clothes"? There is this situation where the nude emperor shows the public his wonderful new clothes. While everyone sees the nude emperor no one is brave enough to tell it because all think that they are just too stupid to see those wonderful new clothes. But then a little child shouts "The emperor is nude"...
    It is sad that you had to explain all that.
  23. Smart[ Go to top ]

Smart way to boost traffic to less-visited parts of the site. Very effective means of spreading clicks.
  24. I thought it was the fact that in your advert for the Server Side Java Symposium, the flashing symbol is nowhere near Barcelona but seems to be wandering around all over Spain depending on which particular version of the advert you look at.

Still, at least you got the right country, which means your knowledge of European geography is better than most Americans'. (Spain? That's the one that looks like a boot, right?)
  25. Where's Barcelona?[ Go to top ]

Yes, I found that funny too. But then I had noticed it before and one of them is too close to Madrid to an inoccent April Fools.