Blandware AtLeap 0.5 Final Released

Discussions

News: Blandware AtLeap 0.5 Final Released

1. Blandware AtLeap 0.5 Final Released (12 messages)

Blandware has released AtLeap 0.5 Final.Blandware AtLeap is a multilingual free Java CMS (Content Management System) with full-text search engine. AtLeap is a framework which allows you to rapidly start your own Web application. AtLeap based on Matt Raible's AppFuse project.

Features:
    • Free, open-source, Apache 2.0 license
    • Uses two DHTML WYISWYG editors: TinyMCE and FCKEditor
    • Site edit mode which allows editing content by double mouse click even on pages with forms and data from DB
    • Supports several languages simultaneously. Admin Console in English, Russian, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian languages
    • Search engine using Lucene (supports 13 languages), indexing: RTF, PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, XHTML, XML, TXT
    • Tested on 3 JVMs, 7 DBMS, 10 Application Servers, 6 browsers
    • Second prize on Intel and Sun's contests
    • The Introduction Paper goes into further detail.
    Blandware AtLeap is has hosting at dev.java.net so you can evaluate AtLeap's online demo.

Threaded Messages (12)

2. Hmmmm...[ Go to top ]

A simple search in the demo gives a NullPointerException...

Hmmmm...
  3. Semi off-topic..
    But is "Blandware" really the best possible name for a company? :)

Synonyms for bland:
    bland, flat, flavorless, flavourless, insipid, savorless, savourless, vapid, lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics
  4. With the new 'Waffle' framework, there is definately competition in the 'how shall we name our product to give it the least chance of success ?' category...
  5. Blandware AtLeap 0.5 Final Released[ Go to top ]

Semi off-topic..But is "Blandware" really the best possible name for a company? :)

It's pretty obvious from their demo that English is not their first language! It looks like the lead developer is from Russia. "Bland" might be a take off of a similar Russian word. I would at least hope so.
  6. after looking at it briefly...[ Go to top ]

..."blandware" appears to be an appropriate name
  7. This is version 0.5 Final?? Seriously? What does it mean to be less than 1.0, but final?
  8. Answers[ Go to top ]

1. As for NullPointerException: You can see that the OnlineDemo is 0.5RC3. This bug was fixed in 0.5Final http://www.nabble.com/NullPointerException-on-demo-site-t1067473c13679.html

2. Yes we are guys from Russia and we see the name "Blandware" in the following way:
     - Bland is synonym for Soft i.e. blandware=software
     - it gives to us some benefits during translation into Russian language.

3. We have called this version "Final" because before it we have b1, b2, b3, rc1, rc2, rc3. And now we analysis requirements for AtLeap 1.0 it will looks like:
     - based on: Maven 2, Spring WebFlow, JDK 1.5 with Annotations, SiteMesh, Hibernate with EntityManager,
     - with support EJB3.0 on GlassFish, Oracle and JBoss AS.
  9. you may want to reconsider[ Go to top ]

2. Yes we are guys from Russia and we see the name "Blandware" in the following way:
     - Bland is synonym for Soft i.e. blandware=software

uh. ok, but the generally accepted english meaning of "Bland" is "Dull" or in other contexts "Flavorless"

(i've never heard the word bland used in place of soft... i.e. if one were to say "that's a bland blanket" they are referring to the dull color of it)
  10. You "analyze your requirements" for your 1.0 release and all you come up with is an alpahbet soup of trendy open source frameworks you intend to use.

Last time I checked requirements had nothing to do with the implementation of frameworks....or perhaps they do. Perhaps that is the problem...perhaps these guys are on to something...Jesus, you know what this means....this means we all need to get Ruby on Rails books b/c its the most important requirement of all.

I give this Appfuse spooge 3 thumbs down.
  11. Answers[ Go to top ]

Yes we are guys from Russia and we see the name "Blandware" in the following way: - Bland is synonym for Soft i.e. blandware=software - it gives to us some benefits during translation into Russian language.
    Oh, come on. "Bland" has no meaning in Russian and does not translate or transliterate well into Russian. You'd rather used "blend" or even "blond" ;-)
  12. good job[ Go to top ]

i like this project very much
  13. Multi language settings[ Go to top ]

Why is everything standard in German?