Discussions

News: Gregor Kiczales on Aspect-Oriented Programming

1. In an interview for the Software Engineering Radio podcast Gregor talks about a number of interesting topics, such as the history of AOP, the relationship of AO to interceptors, the industry acceptance of AOP, early aspects (i.e. using AO in development phased before implementation) as well as adoption strategies for AOP.

Gregor is one of the fathers of aspect-oriented programming (AOP). Today he is a professor of computer science at the University of British Columbia. Back in his days at Xerox Parc, he and a number of other people worked on the early forms of AOP as well as on some of its forerunners, such as meta object protocols.

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Transcript?[ Go to top ]

Is there any way to get a transcript for this? I don't see any such facility at the site.

As an aside: They DO have a 'Search in Audio Content' link -- surely that uses some kind of transcript, no?
  3. Transcript?[ Go to top ]

No, there's no transcript. The Podzinger service that provides the full text audio search does not publish the transcript. Also, it's not useful as a transcript, because it does not correctly recognize punctuation and fill words.
  4. Interesting subjects. I've been listening to some of the podcasts; great to ease the tedium of travelling to/from work.