BEA licenses BlueDragon for ColdFusion support on WebLogic

Discussions

News: BEA licenses BlueDragon for ColdFusion support on WebLogic

1. BEA has announced that they've licensed BlueDragon from New Atlanta in order to support legacy ColdFusion (CFML) applications on WebLogic.

BlueDragon is a Java servlet-based runtime for ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML) that replaces existing ColdFusion servers. BlueDragon allows you to redeploy existing CFML web applications in standard WAR/EAR files. BlueDragon supports any standard J2EE server, but the newly rebranded "BlueDragon, BEA WebLogic Edition", which can be downloaded from BEA's web site, has been specifically tuned for BEA WebLogic servers. "BlueDragon, BEA WebLogic Edition" is being sold and supported by BEA as a BEA product.

Note that BlueDragon comes in both Java/J2EE and .NET editions, and the .NET edition is being used to power MySpace.com, the world's largest CFML-based web site and one of the most heavily trafficked web sites on the Internet, as well as Blog-city.com.
  2. so when you have a production problem you will call blue dragin as well as bea and they both will oint fingers at each other.
    your problem will never get solved. dont ever get into a mess of runnign one technology like cold fusion on a totally different platform like weblogic. it will run into trouble soon.
    its from from personal experience...
  3. Hiya,

I have a task in hand to migrate CFML pages from CF5 to CF 7 MX. While doing this, I am planning to migrate it from IIS server to a BEA-based platform since our middle-ware is already on WLS 8.1 sp4.

I know of two ways of doing this.

1. Using Macromedia CF MX 7 for WLS 8.1.
    2. Using BlueDragon, BEA WebLogic Edition.

I know that approach 1 requires modification of weblogic.policy and cfusion & rds Webapps need to be deployed in exploded format.

I would like to know about the pros and cons of each approach.

I would also like to more about licenses. Do we need to buy separate licenses for BlueDragon, BEA WebLogic Edition. We are already using Enterprise-wide license for BEA WLS 8.1sp4.

I would really appreciate any kind of help in this area.

Cheers,
    Dips