IBM Internet Encryption Security Protocol for Java

Discussions

News: IBM Internet Encryption Security Protocol for Java

1. The Java based lightweight implementation of the Internet Engineering Task Force Secure Shell protocol provides secure remote log-in and other secure network services over an insecure network. The protocol has three major components: Transport Layer, User Authentication and Connection. The implementation is lightweight due to using IBM's CryptoLite for Java, efficient buffer and I/O handling, memory reuse to avoid excessive garbage collection, and threads are not used.
  2. The Java based lightweight implementation of the ..

It may be light-weight, but just try to figure out the licensing. All I could find was the "Request a License" link, and it takes you to the "Mother Of All Forms" which says:
    Your input from filling out this form will contribute towards determining if a commercial license can be offered the technology you select. The evaluation process typically takes at least 4-6 weeks. While we try to satisfy all requests, there is no guarantee that a commercial license can be made available.

It needs to say very clearly what the license is, or even downloading it is dangerous from an IP point of view.

Anyhow, I hope I just missed something very obvious and I can eat my words.

Peace,

Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Shared Memory for Java
  3. It needs to say very clearly what the license is, or even downloading it is dangerous from an IP point of view.Anyhow, I hope I just missed something very obvious and I can eat my words.

To me it looks like they are just trying to collect information about you. You have to log in and all that. I also think that in order for downloading to have legal ripercussions it has to tell you "by downloading you are doing X".

Guglielmo

Enjoy the Fastest Known Reliable Multicast Protocol with Total Ordering

.. or the World's First Pure-Java Terminal Driver
  4. I have used JCraft's implementation:

http://www.jcraft.com/jcterm

It works well and seems to be a bit more mature (IBM says they lack some features that JCraft provides). Moreover JCraft has a GNU license, so at least there are no question marks there.