What happens to Tomcat?

Discussions

XML & Web services: What happens to Tomcat?

1. What happens to Tomcat? (2 messages)

For my web application, it runs well. But the tomcat server stops working suddenly. In the log file , I find that there are many error tips like "StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException". To my surprise, before the tomcat server is down, the application runs well. And finally the log records the information "StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError". I think maybe after this the tomcat goes down. Pls help me! Thx.

Threaded Messages (2)

2. What happens to Tomcat?[ Go to top ]

This is something i found on net for increasing the memory of tomcat

# Windows running Tomcat 5 and later : Go to the "Apache Tomcat 5.0" folder in the Start Menu. Start the "Configure Tomcat application".
    Note: the configuration can only be started when Tomcat is not running.
    Select the "Java VM" tab in the configuration dialog. You will see some pre-defined lines in the "Java Options" test box. Append your Java options at the bottom of the option list. For example, to set server mode and allow 512MB of heap memory, append the following:

-server
    -Xmx400m

# Windows running Tomcat 4.1 or earlier : place the Java options into the CATALINA_OPTS environment variable. To do this, run Control Panel / System, select Environment Variables and create the CATALINA_OPTS variable, and set the desired option, for example "-server -Xmx400m".
    # Linux : place the Java options into the CATALINA_OPTS environment variable. For example: "-server -Xmx400m".

Hope this helps.
  3. What happens to Tomcat?[ Go to top ]

Or u can try

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Q_21142878.html

Let me kno if problem is resolved.