One of the key features that differentiate XINS from other technologies is the definition-driven approach. Write simple XML definitions and XINS will generate for you:
- Documentation of the specifications and implementations
- Test forms, for testing your applications with a browser
- Client-side code, supporting load-balancing, fail-over and time-out handling
- Web application, compatible with Java servlet containers
- WSDL, for SOAP-interoperability
- Unit test code, based on JUnit
- Stubs, typically used for testing
XINS 1.4 offers various new features over release 1.3, as well as some bug fixes. The main new features are:
- Automatic communication protocol detection.
- Asynchronous requests
- Generation of documentation in OpenDocument format, for use by OpenOffice.org and other text processors.
- Support for including files (e.g. HTML) in the WAR file
- Extensive Pet Store demo
XINS is used in production systems since the end of 2002. As a stable release, XINS 1.4.0 is backwards compatible with all previous stable releases. It has been tested extensively on various platforms, including Solaris, Linux and Windows.
Download XINS 1.4.0, either as a Windows installer or as a platform-independent TAR GZ file: