Discussions

Blogs: Refactoring Wicket in Netbeans

1. Refactoring Wicket in Netbeans (5 messages)

In our featured blog, we have Netbeans evangelist Geerthan preparing with his partner Petr Pisi for their upcoming JavaOne BOF in which they will be talking about Wicket.

In the blog entry, Geertjan demonstrates how to refactoring in Java also causes changes to in the corresponding HTML to be altered also. How does this fit with Wicket?
    they allow you to treat the Java side and the HTML side together as a single file.
    The blog demonstrates the refactoring process with a concise set of screen shots.

Follow these links to learn more developing with Wicket using Netbeans.
  2. Good luck at JavaOne guys!
  3. Btw, does this mean you guys are refactoring Wicket for us? ;)
  4. Congratulations to you for having such nice wicket support in netbeans. Eclipse has had a wicket plugin for some time, but its usefulness does not come close to this. It's almost enought to make me switch. Step up eclipse devs! Get this working.
  5. RE:Wicket and Netbeans[ Go to top ]

Heck - the world is complicated enough. Trying to refactor Wicket with the promising Netbeans 5.5preview is yet another 'moving the deckchairs on the Titanic' Struts, Spring...yawn...learn the domain architecture of your business and work with your established patterns and obvious common sense....if you have got this far your own patterns and libraries WILL WORK - its up to you to see, not shove WICKET - (pretty as it looks for a few momemts) down an ever groaning and burgeoning patterns/framework to the desperate.....hey maybe I'm just not very good at computers
  6. RE:Wicket and Netbeans[ Go to top ]

Heck - the world is complicated enough. Trying to refactor Wicket with the promising Netbeans 5.5preview is yet another 'moving the deckchairs on the Titanic' Struts, Spring...yawn...learn the domain architecture of your business and work with your established patterns and obvious common sense....if you have got this far your own patterns and libraries WILL WORK - its up to you to see, not shove WICKET - (pretty as it looks for a few momemts) down an ever groaning and burgeoning patterns/framework to the desperate.....hey maybe I'm just not very good at computers

Not sure whether I can follow you there Paul :). But let me stress it's a free world and you can ignore any framework you want.

Also, some background seems to be in place here. I think NetBeans Wicket support stems from an educational purpose mostly. Geertjan found it a nice framework to work with - as it's mostly plain Java/ HTML there isn't much fat around it - and a good match for his purposes, which is to write about using and extending NetBeans. As a nice side effect, the fast growing community of people that do like to use Wicket for their web application development, have more reason to try out NetBeans if they didn't already do so.