Discussions

News: Atlassian Confluence gets personal

1. Atlassian Confluence gets personal (3 messages)

Atlassian Software Systems has announced its newest release of Confluence, its enterprise wiki product.

Confluence 2.2 introduces new features for wiki users such as personal spaces, support for internationalisation, CAPTCHA spam protection, new plugins, a simple LDAP configuration syntax, and much more.

Confluence is the wiki of choice for over 1,200 organisations around the globe. A free 30-day evaluation version is available for download from the Confluence website.

Threaded Messages (3)

2. I wrote a bit about Confluence a while back:

http://www.jroller.com/page/cpurdy?entry=confluence

It's a nice product. Frankly, once you're hooked, you're hooked.

Peace,

Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Shared Memory for Java
  3. Wikis are cool[ Go to top ]

Wikis are cool. We use twiki on the XD team. I use mediawiki for Trackpedia. I probably like mediawiki better. If only I could have a customer facing wiki for our XD docs, things would be perfect...

On trackpedia it does get frustrating. The problem is when you want templates for each track, i.e. you want to change the look of each wiki page or add a new element to every page of a certain type. We have hundreds of tracks in trackpedia and it's here where wikis start to become difficult and you wish for database generated pages using a template. Then again, it may just be I don't know about some feature which does exactly this.

But, for docs, hard to beat.

Billy
  4. Wikis are cool[ Go to top ]

JavaPolis, BeJUG and SpringOne have all been using this great wiki platform for a long time. The confluence environment is extendable with macros, plugins and themes... a great enterprise Java product ! If you then combine it with the Builder theme of Adaptavist you've a rocking experience :)

Keep up the good work.

Stephan
    PS: Mike you owe me a beer at JavaOne :o)