Obeo, a company specialising in the MDA approach, has release first stable version of Acceleo with the following main features:
- Any meta-model support including UML 2.0, UML1.4 (using a MDR bridge)
- Template Editor with syntax colouring, in-line completion for meta-model elements, scripts, services and error detection for compilation and runtime errors
- Reflective Editor for precise and real-time preview of generation results
- Execution chains acting as a “glue” for real project generation, specifying which model to use, where and what to generate, etc.
- Tree-like syntax meant to e very easy and natural to use
- Fully extensible thanks to the use of Services developed in Java
- Incremental generation support: manual code is kept after every generation
Perhaps Acceleo will be the first step for a new wave of easy-to-use MDA tools. What do you think?