The Commons Collections team is pleased to announce the release of commons-collections-3.2
Commons Collections is a library that builds upon the Java Collection Framework. It provides additional Map, List and Set implementations and utilities. It also builds on the framework by providing new interfaces and implementations.
This release fixes numerous bugs, and adds a limited number of enhancements, including:
- MultiValueMap - A flexible MultiMap implementation
- DefaultedMap - A map that returns a default value when the key is not found
- GrowthList - A list where set and add expand the list rather than throw IndexOutOfBoundsException
- LoopingListIterator - A never-ending list iterator
- CollectionUtils.addIgnoreNull - Adds to the collection if the value being added is not null
- isEmpty - Checks maps and collections for empty or null
- BlockingBuffer - Add timeout handling to any buffer implementation
- ListOrderedMap - additional list-style methods
This release is binary and source compatible with 3.1 according to our tests. There are two new deprecations, see the release notes for details. We recommend all users of commons-collections to upgrade to 3.2 to pickup the bug fixes.
Message was edited by: joeo at enigmastation dot com
Message was edited by: firstname.lastname@example.org