is not even out and there is neither a java.net
for Dolphin but not of this is dampening enthusiasm for expressing what maybe or should be included or excluded. Take Tom's "Bag 'O Tricks"
for example. In his blog he lists what he’d like to see in the JSE 7.0.
If I had any voice, these are recommendations I’d make. All backwards compatible and just simplifications of existing rules. I also don’t think any of these would make code quality suffer:
- No more final variables for inner class references
- No more concern for covariant method parameters for generic types
- Allow arrays of generic types
- Ability to throw undeclared exceptions
- Don’t add literal support for XML
What changes would you like to see?