need help - urgent

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: need help - urgent

1. need help - urgent (5 messages)

Hi All, I have assigned a module. I have a form and there are seven field. If user fill up only 2 field and closes the window by clicking the cross button then I want to track the record that user filled up only 2 field and left the form. Its a user tracking system and we want to track the record where the user left the form I need help in this way. Please reply soon. Thanks harish pathak

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Re: need help - urgent[ Go to top ]

If using IE only then there is a callback to handle this onbeforeclose()
  3. Re: need help - urgent[ Go to top ]

Thanks for your reply but how to track this, please read my question again. I want to track that user has left the page after filling up only two field. Thanks Please reply soon.
  4. Re: need help - urgent[ Go to top ]

What else do you want? The man told you that you can catch the event before the page/window is closed. Read your form values then and submit them somewhere ... If you want someone to do your homework/job, there are places like rentacoder, freelance where you can pay for it ...
  5. Re: need help - urgent[ Go to top ]

You can try for the onUnload method to track the browser close event just check with the Yaxis position is -ve to make sure that the window close button is clicked Then just u need to check the value of the two variable using javascript ( using DOM object like document.form.object.value
  6. Re: need help - urgent[ Go to top ]

On close event of the window, write a javascript function which submits the page to the server. The server component could read the form parameters and do whats required in ur case