Teamwork 3.0, J2EE App for Project and Document Management

Discussions

News: Teamwork 3.0, J2EE App for Project and Document Management

1. Teamwork 3.0, a J2EE-based application for project and document management, has been released. Teamwork version 2 is a LGPL-licensed J2EE web-based application for "work management:" it merges features of project and document management with a worklog and issue tracking system, facilitating management of work structure and communication for teams. Version 3 (overview PDF, evaluation, and online demo) is commercial software; it has an improved model and user interface. Moreover, it is documented through freely downloadable instructional videos. Technically it is based on Hibernate 3 and uses Ajax extensively; persistent class sources are available under GPL from the Sourceforge project page. Version 3 is available for 600EU, with individual user licenses priced at 10EU; a bundle of the server and 15 user licenses is available for 690EU (roughly $875 USD at the time of posting). Message was edited by: joeo@enigmastation.com
  2. I don't understand - which business model do you pursue? Is it open-source, commercial or what? With all due respect, I think you need to straighten out your marketing. Your communication is confusing and it will cost you customers. I liked the ease of installation. Good work with that. User Interface leaves to wish for much better. You do Ajax but you miss on the whole Web 2.0 culture of the UI design. It's some kind of mix with one foot in the past and one in the future. Fire your graphic designer :)
  3. I don't understand - which business model do you pursue? Is it open-source, commercial or what?
    The product pricing is much clearer here than in the posting: http://www.twproject.com/6.page

You do Ajax but you miss on the whole Web 2.0 culture of the UI design. It's some kind of mix with one foot in the past and one in the future.
    This is a very common problem. There's only a few AJAX vendors (like JackBe) that really have nailed the UI experience, which is pretty much the reason why AJAX is exciting. PJ Murray, CodeFutures Software Data Access Objects and Service Data Objects
  4. Teamwork interface[ Go to top ]

First of all I hope that by visiting the site our commercial policy will result clear. For the interface, you see, a vast application like Teamwork is not built in a day; the basic action based model, instead of an event driven model, has remained. But why not enrich it with comfortable Ajax features? Version 3.0.1 is already richer; we are meditating whether and when to change the basic GUI model. What I deeply disagree, is on the quality of the user interface: our testers and now also users find it extremely practical, in real use. It reminds on purpose some features of classical client software, in order to help the readers. Moreover, did you take a look at our rival products, both open source and commercial? Most have an early 90's html interface; the few that have a flashy (but impractical) interface have a model below quite poor (not by chance). To get to a simple to use interface for a complex model, as is Teamwork case, requires a lot of modelling and attempts, and often to discard superficially flashy solutions. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and come back to check Teamwork, as we keep evolving and adopting new technologies.