JNDI
  1. JNDI (2 messages)

i have deployed an EJB jar file in WebLogic 8.1 SP2 and i like to call the ejb from the client application; In that client i am getting the following error. javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environmen t or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource f ile: java.naming.factory.initial at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6 40) at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243 ) at javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.jav a:280) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347) at CountClient.main(CountClient.java:29) How can i solve this problem?

Threaded Messages (2)

2. Re: JNDI[ Go to top ]

In the lib directory of weblogic i.e, ROOT/bea/weblogic81/server/lib directory, there is weblogic.jar file. Set this file in the classpath of your client. And for initial context use weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.
  3. Re: Small Correction[ Go to top ]

Use wlclient.jar. As this is the suggested jar for the client programmers. Set context factory and url to your InitialContext