World Of Java 1.1, IDE integrated javadoc and sources services

Discussions

News: World Of Java 1.1, IDE integrated javadoc and sources services

1. Jayasoft is pleased to announce the availability of World Of Java 1.1, a new javadoc and sources service. WOJ, World of Java, consists in an IDE integrated service allowing users to browse javadocs and java sources from their own repository or from the WOJ public database containing more than 3000 open source java projects (more than 12000 jars referenced). The IDE integration is fully transparent with absolutely no configuration except a login and password. Supported IDEs:
    • Eclipse : version > 3.0
    • Netbeans : version > 5.0
    • IntelliJ Idea : in progress
    With WOJ, you can now avoid losing your time configuring your environment. Using the WOJ plugin to unleash the power of your IDE gives you:
    • transparent navigation in your dependencies sources and javadocs
    • have named args and javadoc on completion
    • see what happens during debug mode even in your dependencies
    • use a module browser view to access sources that are not part of your project
    + [NEW] Professional and Enterprise editions With the new Professional and Enterprise editions, benefit from WOJ power with your own projects:
    • You can now use WOJ even in your continuous integrated environment, to manage all the Java modules you use.
    • Plug WOJ Ant tasks into your build process to share (in secured mode) your own projects with your developer teams.
    + [NEW] FREE for personnal use and OSS projects WOJ licensing mode has changed. You can now benefit from WOJ services for FREE if:
    • you use it for your personnal use only
    • you are involved in an open-source project
    + [NEW] Browse for free sources and javadocs You can now browse for free (without beeing registered) the javadocs and sources of all public modules. + [UPDATE] Netbeans WOJ plugin 1.0 Netbeans plugin has been released. This release includes bug fixes and many improvements:
    • navigation in debug mode improved
    • access and manage your private repository
    + [UPDATE] Eclipse WOJ plugin 1.1.2 This release includes bug fixes and many improvements:
    • fixed Eclipse auto-completion
    • access and manage your private repository
    To get access to your java dependencies' sources and javadocs with no effort, join WOJ now. Look at WOJ in action, discover the flash demos: WOJ, World Of Java: - homepage: http://www.worldofjava.org - demos: http://www.worldofjava.org/demo.do - download: http://www.worldofjava.org/download.do - register: http://www.worldofjava.org/register.do Message was edited by: joeo@enigmastation.com
  2. Look very hulpfull but I do not really see the added value. I use maven that creates my project and links with the sources and javadoc and I allready use jdocs.com from the JavaLobby network.
  3. Hi, the added value from such a tool mainly comes from:
    • the integration into the IDE, you do not need to switch to external tools like your browser to get the information you need. All is plugged into your IDE (Eclipse, Netbeans, Idea will come soon). You access sample source code information directly into your IDE when using auto-completion, when browsing source code (even in debug mode) or accessing javadocs. You benefit from dependencies changes without changing anything into your project settings. You do not have to recreate your project configuration files from tools like maven or other, you can always share your project files with your team using a SCM.
    • the public repository. WOJ repository now handles more than 3000 project revisions with sources and javadocs. Even if ibiblio handles a lot of modules, the quality of submissions (sources/javadocs) and the correctness of poms files are not always there (this is changing i admit).
    • the privates repositories. You can now handle your own projects with WOJ like you do for your OSS dependencies. Managment of sources and javadocs is so unified in your process. You can plug WOJ into your continuuous integration system to handle such a feature.
    Give it a try and i am sure you will be convinced! World Of Java Team
  4. Sounds good. I used to use Docjava but that stopped working with later Eclipse builds, and the authors were not contactable. I do have a concern regarding versions. If I try to control-click into (say) Spring's XMLBeanFactory, how do you know what version to show me? If it's wrong then it can be a problem to debug, with all the line numbers out of whack.
  5. Sounds good.
    Thanks ;-)
    I do have a concern regarding versions. If I try to control-click into (say) Spring's XMLBeanFactory, how do you know what version to show me? If it's wrong then it can be a problem to debug, with all the line numbers out of whack.
    I cannot tell a lot about this feature since it is part of the engine of our service, but be sure that we find the good revision of the jar that you use in your project and so, you get the good revision information about it (sample source code and javadocs). World Of Java Team
  6. Half-finished product?[ Go to top ]

Tried to browse servlet javadoc and your webpage said something about provider not being available. Tried to view the Netbeans demo and got a single page (after a lengthy load) that said "COMING SOON ..." So you want me to pay money to view javadocs? I don't see the value...
  7. Re: Half-finished product?[ Go to top ]

Yah.. Paying to read javadocs... Definitely, does not sound a great idea to me. JDocs... or you can find other ideas to get around. This product is definitely a very bad idea.
  8. Re: Half-finished product?[ Go to top ]

Tried to browse servlet javadoc and your webpage said something about provider not being available.
    You're right regarding the 4 revisions of servlets that we do serve, revision 2.4 does not have the javadocs. You have not received an error, just a message saying that the javadoc was not found. We will correct this.
    Tried to view the Netbeans demo and got a single page (after a lengthy load) that said "COMING SOON ..."
    The NetBeans demo hasn't been uploaded yet, it will be corrected today. But it will not show more things than the Eclipse one, you will see java projects with absolutely no configuration accessing sources and javadocs from the IDE using a transparent integration into it.
    So you want me to pay money to view javadocs? I don't see the value...
    We do not want you to pay to access javadocs. Javadocs and sources browsing are FREE from our portal. The paying service consists in a FULL and TRANSPARENT integration into your IDE. Did you already used JDocs or anything else that let you open sample source code when you do a "goto source" on a class from your IDE while coding ? Perhaps that we do not expose clearly what the service is, but it cannot be reduced to a javadoc browser. I hope you will try the plugins and that you will change your mind about the product. Having such a service integrated into your IDE changes your day to day developments, try it and then let us know what you think about it. World Of Java Team
  9. WOJ updated[ Go to top ]

As promised this morning we have published both sources and javadocs for servlet-2.4 and we have uploaded the NetBeans demo (http://demos.worldofjava.org/demo-netbeans.htm). World Of Java Team