JasperForge - a new site for open source BI tools

Discussions

News: JasperForge - a new site for open source BI tools

1. JasperSoft has announced the launch of JasperForge.org, an online site that provides free collaboration tools to enterprise developers, open source developers, and partners. JasperForge.org is a place to download Business Intelligence (BI) software, learn configuration tips, and share BI deployment experiences with other people. Collaborative development tools include:
    • discussion forums
    • version control
    • wikis
    • development dashboard
    • issue tracking
    • automated project monitoring
    • blogs from members of the open source BI community

Threaded Messages (7)

2. Another source...[ Go to top ]

If you are looking at reporting tools, I suggest you also look at Windward Reports too. It is a commercial reporting system that lets you use Microsoft Word, or any word processor, to design your reports. You might also want to take a look at why Aspect Security switched to Windward. thanks - dave {disclaimer - I work for Windward}
  3. There's also an interesting solution - OCEAN GenRap (http://ocean.comarch.com). It's free for developers (as a programming component to integrate even in a commercial applications) and has a Word-like editor. Regards, Michal
  4. Good[ Go to top ]

It's a good news,but there's many things to do.
  5. fyi http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2006/view/e_sess/9503 JasperReports Track: BOF Date: Wednesday, July 26 Time: 8:30pm - 9:30pm Location: Oregon Convention Center D137-138 Moderated by Barry Klawans, JasperSoft The JasperReports BOF is a chance for users of JasperReports, iReport and JasperIntelligence to talk about how they use the projects, share the challenges they have run into and solved, and learn from other users. The BOF will be moderated by JasperSoft so you will also have a chance to talk to project members and discuss any features you would like to see added to the projects.
  6. First, excellent news. Second, I am curious as to what they will be using for the JasperIntelligence piece. More specifically the OLAP and ETL. Things looking good in the open source BI toolset: Pentaho SpagoBI JasperIntelligence
  7. There is a project for migrate from CrystalReports but what about converting MS Access reports?
  8. To complete the list[ Go to top ]

I wonder why anyone didn't mention BIRT...