Web Fast Forms 1.0 Beta 3 - Web Development Framework

Discussions

News: Web Fast Forms 1.0 Beta 3 - Web Development Framework

1. Web Fast Forms (WFF) is a web application development framework for Java programmers. It is especially targeting programmers that develop administrative web applications based on a relational database. This is the first public release of this framework that is available under the GPL license. The framework contains a library of standard Web Page templates for user transactions such as list data rows, add data row, read data rows, delete data rows, update data rows, and link rows. Highlights and features of the framework
  2. Good Stuff[ Go to top ]

This makes a great deal of sense to me. A lot of the applications we develop in Medical Informatics where I work normally require forms based on a database along with logging and other features. We don't have too many developers and are keen to have a look at Web Fast Forms to see if we can cut development time and testing. Main comment, I think its a great idea and would like to say congradulations!!! Mpume Medical Research Council South Africa www.mrc.ac.za
  3. Another tool[ Go to top ]

I haven't tried either (yet), but here's a link to a similar tool: http://zohocreator.com -BRob
  4. Click documentation and you get this: Registration is required You have to be a registered user to gain access to the documentation area. If you already have an account please Sign in. Otherwise, please sign up for a New User account. I'm I missing something? If you create a new web framework do you make a lot of money? Are the people that make these new frameworks really that much smarter than the webwork, rubyonrails, seam, echo, stripes, spring etc. people?
  5. Click documentation and you get this:

Registration is required

You have to be a registered user to gain access to the documentation area. If you already have an account please Sign in. Otherwise, please sign up for a New User account.

I'm I missing something? If you create a new web framework do you make a lot of money? Are the people that make these new frameworks really that much smarter than the webwork, rubyonrails, seam, echo, stripes, spring etc. people?
    There are several (PDF) documents directly linked on the Products page, so quite why the Documents page needs registration is odd.
  6. Seconded...I think it should be required that if you "create" a new web framework, you should have to either code the framework one-handed or cut off an appendage upon the framework's release. Maybe that would encourage people to make things as extension components to existing frameworks rather than as whole new "from the ground up" frameworks. Slightly off topic, but this post reminded of a web framework released several years back by what seemed to be a sole, younger (college age?) developer. I think the only announcement of its release was on TSS. It got absolutely slammed and the kid who developed it seemed to be so devastated that his framework wasn't welcomed w/ open arms and adopted into corporate production sites. I felt bad for the kid as you could see the heartache (and immaturity) in his responses that basically amounted to "screw you guys, I'm going home".
  7. This seems to be really good solution. Using code generation to get rid off redundant coding is really needed. I had developed a similar proto-type for destop application, did not get time for web apps. But web is was what really I had in mind, as more and more applns r based on web now. There is an increasing need to develop using dynamic code templates rather than plain static templates that come with IDE. These dynamic templates should take input from design/schema of the problem. This looks to be a similar solution, hope I find it useful after evaluation !
  8. It seems to be a very well architected solution and with a very nice set of features. Only the audit logging could save a lot of time to do this kind of application. Certainly people developing administrative applications without tools like that (even using IDEs like JDeveloper, Java Studio Creator, etc) will implement it with less productivity. Maybe in the next version a good enhancement could be to create the Generator as a plug-in to NetBeans and/or Eclipse. And, maybe, it will be useful to see an architecture based on JSF and EJB 3.0.