JAVA framework for XML data binding

Discussions

Performance and scalability: JAVA framework for XML data binding

1. JAVA framework for XML data binding (3 messages)

We have a requirement to unmarshall very large file in JAVA.The size of the file is up to 10MB.Also the Schema validation against the XSD file Currently,our choice is to use JiBX (http://jibx.sourceforge.net ) primary based on performance consideration.(see a pretty old performance tests at http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-databdopt2/_ It takes less than 40s to validate a 10mb instead of 20mn with the XMLBeans library. 1-Do you have any suggestion of other JAVA framework which could perform as well as JiBX and which are listed in the "core libraries" submitted to the domain council ? - Thank you Raj Devershetty
  2. We have a requirement to unmarshall very large file in JAVA.The size of the file is up to 10MB.
    takes less than 40s to validate a 10mb instead of 20mn with the XMLBeans library.

1-Do you have any suggestion of other JAVA framework which could perform as well as JiBX and which
    are listed in the "core libraries" submitted to the domain council ?

- Thank you
    Raj Devershetty
    I don't know of anything significantly faster than JiBX (although you could try Jaxb 2 and see how it fares). But pure parsing speed of a 10 MB document is in the order of 1 second (using streaming parser, with properly warmed up JVM, from fast disk etc), as fastest streaming parsers can get up to, say, 30 MBps parsing throughput. So it would seem like you could do better than 40 seconds; and I'd expect Xerces to be able to parse + validate in just few seconds (assuming schema is cached and reused etc). You could perhaps profile binding to see where time is spent. Not sure if above helps, but I thought it's good to know that there's no fundamental reason why binding could not be improved from said 40 seconds.
  3. I used JiBX 1.0.x on a project to load large XML documents of about 14 MB : it was taking like 4s to load the document on my development computer. This time was only with JiBX basic validation and no xsd validation though. JiBX is a great framework and I had no problem using it. I can only recommend it. Claude.
  4. Can we validate xml file using schema in JIBX.If so what are the things we need to do. Could anybody help in that? Thanks vk