MyEclipse 5.0 released

Discussions

News: MyEclipse 5.0 released

1. MyEclipse 5.0 released (10 messages)

Genuitec has released MyEclipse 5.0 Enterprise Workbench, an IDE offering compatible with Eclipse 3.2 and accompanying Callisto project offerings. The release includes full integration of Matisse4MyEclipse user interface builder and Ajax/Web 2.0 tools. Windows, Linux and Mac OSX support is available. Features include:
    • Full compatibility with Eclipse 3.2 and Callisto projects
    • Matisse4MyEclipse integration into MyEclipse, which now includes customizable palettes
    • Web service support, including project and project creation wizard, customizable library containers, deploy web-service web-app, services .xml file editor, Java editor with JSR-181 annotation support and code-assist, WSDL editor, Java hot-swap debug support and hot-sync support for Web services applications
    • Cross-platform Visual HTML Editor including Struts and JSF
    • Expanded database support for MS SQL Server and Sybase, including view triggers, functions, and procedures in DB Explorer, Function Runner, which runs functions by generating UI - executes procedure, and supports access to the "sp_help" facility for any selected object to get additional DB information
    • Enhanced Hibernate 3.1.X and Spring 2.X support
    • Ajax/Web 2.0 tool extensions, with instant-on JavaScript Debugging, extending the integrated MyEclipse local JavaScript debugger to allow the user to debug remote JavaScript applications
    • I18N support for internationalization and localized support
    • Websphere 6.1, Sun Java Application Server System 9.0 and Glassfish 1.0 application server connectors
    Though Matisse4MyEclipse is fully integrated into MyEclipse and supported on Linux, Mac users will be unable to utilize the Matisse4MyEclipse, MyUML, and MyEclipse Image Editor functions due to the long-standing Eclipse SWT_AWT bug #145890. All additional Callisto-compatible projects are required by MyEclipse as part of the distribution. The recommended installation order is Eclipse 3.2 SDK, MyEclipse 5.0 and then any additional Callisto-compatible projects/products. What do you think of this latest release?

Threaded Messages (10)

2. Re: MyEclipse 5.0 released[ Go to top ]

does it support - EJB 3 ? - Facelets ? Thanks
  3. Re: MyEclipse 5.0 released[ Go to top ]

does it support
    - EJB 3 ?
    - Facelets ?

Thanks

Currently, MyEclipse does not support those features directly. JSF and XHTML support, which are obviously the 2 ingredients you need to build facelets, are supported.

Future support plans include EJB 3 and direct Facelets support, with dates TBD.
    Thanks!
  4. If you need Facelets support, than go to Exadel Studio Pro. I'm using it for all my projects and all of it is based on JSF and Facelets. Exadel Studio visual page editor have full support for pages with facelets templates, ui:includes, directly supports xhtml, have built-in project templates for Faceletes and both – JSF 1.1 and 1.2 implementations. What specific EJB 3 functionality you are looking for? Best regards, Igor Shabalov.
  5. If you need Facelets support, than go to Exadel Studio Pro. I'm using it for all my projects and all of it is based on JSF and Facelets.
    Exadel Studio visual page editor have full support for pages with facelets templates, ui:includes, directly supports xhtml, have built-in project templates for Faceletes and both – JSF 1.1 and 1.2 implementations.
    What specific EJB 3 functionality you are looking for?

Best regards,
    Igor Shabalov.

Igor;
    I think it is only professional courtesy that you properly identify yourself when posting for your own product. Your company's web site identifies your name as the VP of Product management for Exadel. Hardly the impartial endorsement implied in your post. I appreciate your zeal (and share that same enthusiasm for my own product), but I don't have to remind someone in your position about the importance of avoiding any perception of disingenuousness or casting your company in any type of deceptive light.

Best,
    Jens
  6. Thank you, Jens, for proper introduction of myself to the community. I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I cannot find any information about you on Genuitec web site, despite the fact that you manage to post more announcements about MyEclipse, than I post about Exadel Studio. The fact is that regardless of my title in Exadel, I spend significant time working with our customers on very concrete projects. And most of those projects during last 6 month use JSF and Facelets as foundation technologies. Only because of that fact, I decided to post my replay. Best regards, Igor Shabalov VP Product Development Exadel Inc.
  7. Swing usuage[ Go to top ]

Anybody used Swing on MYEclipse. How is Matisse4Eclipse? Can we use this plugin with the existing projects.
  8. if you need the jpa part of ejb3[ Go to top ]

You always can add the dali project to the installation... since the new myeclipse finally is based on callisto this is a no brainer.
  9. Re: MyEclipse 5.0 released[ Go to top ]

Where cant I find the Spring 2.x support in MyEclipse 5.0 GA? I don't think it is supported now.
  10. Re: MyEclipse 5.0 released[ Go to top ]

I've been a satisfied MyEclipse user in the past, and it looks like I'll be signing back up with this release as soon as I give the Linux version a test drive. That's a ton of added functionality for $29.95, in my opinion.
  11. Re: MyEclipse 5.0 released[ Go to top ]

Ron - Thanks for your note. We're glad that you've been satisfied thusfar, and will continue to provide you with unmatched value for that $29.95. Let us know how 5.0 is tretaing you...