Oracle Releases Developer Preview of Oracle SOA Suite

Discussions

News: Oracle Releases Developer Preview of Oracle SOA Suite

1. Oracle has released a developer preview of its Oracle SOA suite available for download from OTN. Oracle SOA Suite is a complete set of service infrastructure components for creating, deploying, and managing services. It includes:
    • Integrated Service Environment (ISE) to develop services - Based on JDeveloper, with new BPEL and ESB designers as well as visual XSLT mapping
    • Oracle BPEL Process Manager to orchestrate services into business processes
    • ESB to connect existing IT systems and business partners as a set of services
    • Oracle Business Rules for dynamic decisions at runtime that can be managed by business users or business analysts
    • Oracle Business Activity Monitoring to monitor services and disparate events and provide real-time visibility into the state of the enterprise, business processes, people, and systems.
    • Oracle Web Services Manager to secure and manage authentication, authorization, and encryption policies on services that is separate from your service logic
    Also available and included with the developer preview install:
    • UDDI registry to discover and manage the lifecyle of Web services.
    • Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 (10.1.3.1.0) to provide a complete Java 2, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) 1.4-compliant environment for your J2EE applications.
    In addition Oracle released new developer previews of both the Oracle J2EE Container (OC4J) and JDeveloper. Both now support the final spec of EJB 3.0 and JPA - providing a complete development/deployment environment for EJB 3.0. They both offer some additional new features as well. For more information:

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Based on JDeveloper[ Go to top ]

In my experience, JDeveloper is very poor IDE and I have a lot of problem with it. I believe that JDeveloper is good for little developing at home, for big projects, I use Eclipse.
  3. Based on JDeveloper[ Go to top ]

In my experience...
    Can you be more specific about this? Or are you just trolling?
  4. My experience with JDeveloper goes back to version 3.2 which was, in my opinion, inferior to Borland's JBuilder. However, the JDeveloper team has steadily improved the IDE over the years to the point where it is now the best free IDE available. It has graphical drag & drop editing for JSP, JSF, Struts and JSF config files, excellent EJB support, integrated JUnit support and the ADF framework as well. Although I like NetBeans and Eclipse as no cost IDEs, neither has the depth of technology support or graphical editing that JDeveloper provides out of the box. It also isn't just for Oracle databases or servers. I develop with it against non-Oracle databases with no loss of functionality compared to an Oracle database. I deploy to the Sun App Server without any problems. When I teach J2EE classes using JDeveloper, students that use Eclipse, IBM RAD and BEA Workshop comment how nice JDeveloper 10g is to work with. One student was going back to his employer recommending a switch to JDeveloper and JSF for their project after seeing the support in JDeveloper. In addition, Oracle ADF is an amazing framework that can optionally be used in JDeveloper. It is the basis for JSR-227 Data Bindings. You can create the transactional backend for a project with a dozen database tables in less than 10 minutes. The ADF-Faces components, now donated to Apache, work great for creating rich web front ends. Oracle also donated the EJB 3.0 implementation for Java EE 5 and support for it in JDeveloper is excellent I have never worked for Oracle, but have become a fan of JDeveloper over the years as the product has improved and matured. You can't beat the feature set and rapid development capabilities for the price
  5. Re: Based on JDeveloper[ Go to top ]

which version of Jdeveloper you used and you find it useless for big project? some years ago Jdeveloper had no good editor but today Jdev has a nice editor plus its good tooling. you may try it again carefully nd then come here and look at your own comment :)
  6. Sleeper IDE[ Go to top ]

I agree with the other two posts here. If you used JDeveloper when it was < release 9, you may have had some valid points (although you didn't really make any). But since 10.1.2 it's been a very good IDE. In fact, I'd say that the 10.1.3 release is an excellent IDE.
  7. Most of java IDEs support SOA[ Go to top ]

Netbeans already supports SOA. http://www.ddig.biz/