Oracle has released a developer preview
of its Oracle SOA suite available for download from OTN.
Oracle SOA Suite is a complete set of service infrastructure components for creating, deploying, and managing services.
- Integrated Service Environment (ISE) to develop services - Based on JDeveloper, with new BPEL and ESB designers as well as visual XSLT mapping
- Oracle BPEL Process Manager to orchestrate services into business processes
- ESB to connect existing IT systems and business partners as a set of services
- Oracle Business Rules for dynamic decisions at runtime that can be managed by business users or business analysts
- Oracle Business Activity Monitoring to monitor services and disparate events and provide real-time visibility into the state of the enterprise, business processes, people, and systems.
- Oracle Web Services Manager to secure and manage authentication, authorization, and encryption policies on services that is separate from your service logic
Also available and included with the developer preview install:
- UDDI registry to discover and manage the lifecyle of Web services.
- Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 (10.1.3.1.0) to provide a complete Java 2, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) 1.4-compliant environment for your J2EE applications.
In addition Oracle released new developer previews of both the Oracle J2EE Container (OC4J) and JDeveloper. Both now support the final spec of EJB 3.0 and JPA - providing a complete development/deployment environment for EJB 3.0. They both offer some additional new features as well.
For more information: