JavaPolis: Service Data Objects talk

Discussions

News: JavaPolis: Service Data Objects talk

1. JavaPolis: Service Data Objects talk (3 messages)

In this JavaPolis talk, Michael Rowley describes SDO and how it can be used to simplify and unify data access programming. Michael describes the architecture and APIs that make up SDO and will show several examples. Simplifying data access has been a perennial issue for Java developers and several technologies have been created for that purpose. Since SDO does not attempt to be all things to all people, there are times when it is complementary to other technologies, while in other cases it competes. This talk will compare code as it looks with SDO to code that uses other approaches. Talk can be viewed at http://www.javapolis.com/confluence/display/JP05/Home (Login required)
  2. ....I know this has been pointed out several times, but why this talk is almost 1 year old !just tired of it !! Is this section about news or what. Can someone explain why this post just out now ? Is there not enough other content on this little planet? The only good thing is the talk itself, great content, great speaker. Stephan
  3. If I'm not mistaken the SDO spec. (v2.01) was released in november 2005 and hasn't changed since ! So the content is still very accurate, even if the talk was given 8 months ago... -Stephan PS: Only people who are named Stephan can post here :o)
  4. Good Presentation?[ Go to top ]

The content might be useful, but I didnĀ“t find it particularly great...Maybe because I find the speaker particularly lousy. Basically, I found the presentation to be a pain to listen to. But maybe that's just me. Anyway, here's a tip: if you're no good at presentations, please limit yourself to writing articles.