JavaPolis: Dali EJB ORM talk

Discussions

News: JavaPolis: Dali EJB ORM talk

1. JavaPolis: Dali EJB ORM talk (1 messages)

With much fanfare, the EJB 3.0 specification has been brought forward for public review and an Eclipse project is currently building an open source API and exemplary implementation of tools for the definition and editing of Object-Relational (O/R) mappings for EJB 3.0 Entity Beans. During this talk, Shaun Smith will introduce Dali (the nickname for this project) and show how it can be used to build applications for deployment against your favourite J2EE server. Shaun Smith is a product manager for Oracle TopLink and co-lead of the Eclipse Dali EJB Object-Relational Mapping Project. He has been building systems using object-relational mapping technologies for almost a decade in both Java and Smalltalk in the banking, telecommunications, and energy industries. In recent years, Shaun's focus has been on the development of Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques for building enterprise systems with persistence needs. His current interests include developing tooling and TDD techniques for the new EJB 3.0 persistence specification. View the talk @ http://wiki.javapolis.com/confluence/display/JP05/Home (Login required)

Threaded Messages (1)

2. Dali Update[ Go to top ]

I just want to point out that this presentation was recorded last December and that JPA and Dali have progressed significantly since then. The spec has gone final and Dali has adjusted to changes that appeared in the final sversion. In June, Dali shipped an 0.5 release that is compatible with Eclipse 3.2 and WTP 1.5. You can find links to downloads, documentation, and tutorials on the Dali Homepage. I'd also like to point out that the Dali project name has changed to the "Dali JPA Tools" project to more clearly communicate the focus on JPA and not the entire EJB 3.0 spec. I'd also like to apologize in advance (and hopefully avoid getting flamed) for saying "Entity Bean" in the presentation--the correct term is now simply "Entity" :-) --Shaun