Hammurapi Group releases Build Number 1.0.0.0

Discussions

News: Hammurapi Group releases Build Number 1.0.0.0

1. Hammurapi Group releases Build Number 1.0.0.0 (4 messages)

The Hammurapi Group has announced the release of Build Number. This product keeps track of software artifacts and automatically assign proper version/build numbers to them. It ensures that two different artifacts have different version/build numbers, but identical artifacts/builds are assigned the same number. A unique feature of Build Number is that it can track Java code "specification" i.e. public and protected members of a set of Java classes as "artifact" and generate version numbers as specification.implementation.package. The product consists of a web application, Ant task and command line utilities. It's commercial: $149 USD (roughly 123 EU). More information about the product: - Product home page - Online documentation - Web UI snapshot Message was edited by: joeo@enigmastation.com

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Right version number?[ Go to top ]

are we sure 1.0.0.0 is the right version number :-)
  3. Re: Right version number?[ Go to top ]

are we sure 1.0.0.0 is the right version number :-)
    Yes. It's the successor to 1.0.0. ;-)
  4. Re: Right version number[ Go to top ]

You are right. 1.0.0.0 is a version number of the distribution zip file, 1.0.0 is a version number of Web UI.
  5. A unique feature of Build Number is that it can track Java code "specification" i.e. public and protected members of a set of Java classes as "artifact" and generate version numbers as specification.implementation.package.
    it's not *that* unique... visual age was doing that 5 years or more ago... but then, i hated visual age!