Tool to generate WSDL from Java

Discussions

XML & Web services: Tool to generate WSDL from Java

1. Tool to generate WSDL from Java (6 messages)

Hi, I have been using the java2wsdl tool included in Axis2, however it creates a non-valid wsdl file and I have to fix it manually. Anybody knows a Java to WSDL tool that generates a valid file? Thanks, Gerard

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Hi; What faults are you encountering? Which Jdk version VS axis version are used to generate the WSDL? I have been using Axis for almost more than one year , and havent encountered any problems so far..! J
  3. Re: Tool to generate WSDL from Java[ Go to top ]

Hi J, I am using JDK 1.4.2 VS Axis2 1.0. In the WSDL a java POJO is defined as complex type twice, so the validator complains. Furthermore, in the WSDL an extra (and unnecessary) binding is defined. Gerard
  4. Re: Tool to generate WSDL from Java[ Go to top ]

Can you paste the wsdl reflecting your scenario? There can be more than one complex typre defenitions in a wsdl, corresponding to the .. entries, and the input/output declarations inside the operation element nested inside the porttype element, in a WSDL. Complex type defenitions of the pojo, where there are more than one, the name attribute will be unique to differenciate them for each operation related input type and out put type. I havent used Axis2 yet, but would like to see what problem you might be facing..!
  5. Re: Tool to generate WSDL from Java[ Go to top ]

The POJO is 'Consulta'. It is repeated twice as complex-type' and defined also as 'element'. But the 'message' is defined later in another (inner) schema. The method signature (that uses the POJO) of the Service Interface is 'Consulta echoConsulta(Consulta param);' Here is the WSDL (non important parts have been omitted for clarity): ********************************************************** <!-- Not necessary, it must be removed --> <!-- Repeated --> ...................................................... ..................................................... ........................................ ........................................... ............................................ <!-- Second and unneccesessary Binding --> ..................................................
  6. WSDL from java[ Go to top ]

Hi Guys, Can anybody help me how to generate the WSDL from java implemention. Is there any Eclispe tool available? Thanks in advance
  7. Re: Tool to generate WSDL from Java[ Go to top ]

Instead of using Axis2, you can use Axis to generate WSDL from Java. You can also use wscompile tool, which is not an Axis tool but belongs to Sun Web Services. The format of this command is: wscompile -classpath -gen:server -f:rpcliteral -mapping mapping.xml config.xml For more information about wscompile, refer to this URL: http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r2/html/ch12.html