Discussions

News: LimpidLog 1.00, logger instrumented with a classloader, released

1. LimpidLog 1.00 has been released. LimpidLog relies on classloader instrumentation to log calls for registered classes, eliminating the need for explicit code to cause logging events. This is a milestone release, adding line number event: it records all execution related to the line numbers of the source code. The log records are ready for the GUI "debugger." LimpidLog allows all information about the execution of a class to be logged at runtime when the class is registered. When you register a class for logging at runtime, LimpidLog uses bytecode sidenoting to add logging information to the class. LimpidLog is for J2EE, Java EE and standalone Java application logging and supports J2EE, Java EE and standalone Java applications. LimpidLog also supports Netbeans with GUI management as a Netbeans plug-in. LimpidLog is licensed with the LGPL.

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Running Time[ Go to top ]

Can you make it super clear what an user of your tool should do if only used in a rpoduction environment? The ideal situation should be: 1. I deployed my app without your tool at all. 2. When I have a problem, I want to put the jar somewhere then config some thing live, then suddenyl it gives some logging inof in those classes I want to log... 3. Turn off bynamically If all cannot be dynamic, then we can do a quikc restart (not the best if we have to)...
  3. Re: Running Time[ Go to top ]

Can you make it super clear what an user of your tool should do if only used in a rpoduction environment?

The ideal situation should be:
    1. I deployed my app without your tool at all.
    2. When I have a problem, I want to put the jar somewhere then config some thing live, then suddenyl it gives some logging inof in those classes I want to log...
    3. Turn off bynamically

If all cannot be dynamic, then we can do a quikc restart (not the best if we have to)...
    When you code your application, do nothing special. Just as if there were no LimpidLog. When you deploy your application, do nothing special. Just as if there were no LimpidLog. You need to run Java with -javaagent option. I updated the document with a little more details. Please see "How to Use" and "How to use LimpidLog in a production environment?"
  4. Those samples in doc are confusing. How do I set the levels (info, warn, error et al like for log4j) I bet there is some documentation I am missing regarding the levels of logging