Discussions

News: Anomaly detection system dzAudit released

1. Anomaly detection system dzAudit released (8 messages)

Decision-Zone Inc. has released dzAudit, a business process anomaly detection system that monitors and correlates in real time all events in a business process for anomalies with comprehensive audit trails. dzAudit also automates the business process audit, eliminating the need for audit data sampling. dzAudit loads a business process definition (UML) and non-intrusively monitors all transactional events to identify and alert all anomalous transactions related to the process. At the same time, dzAudit monitors the changes in transactional behaviors and adapts to change by dynamically generating models for real-time behavior analysis. What do you think of dzAudit?

Threaded Messages (8)

2. If their real time auditing capabilities are implemented as poorly as their web site then I'm a little leary.
  3. Evaluation download[ Go to top ]

An evaluation copy is downloadable after user registration. Some of the samples require the startup of the bundled OpenJMS or HSQL. To edit the XMI use ArgoUML, Vitria, etc.
  4. Very intersting and congratulation to dzAudit team. How dzAudit is different from Bristol, OpTier, MQSoftware, Tibco FunOp and Others? They all get the transaction definition and monitor transaction behaviour, some of them autodetects the transaction. Thanks.
  5. dzAudit loads an process definition (default is XMI) and then performs cause-effect analysis in real-time. After a transaction was identified, a set of patterns are evaluated against it for further refinement. After sufficient transactions were handled, another layer performs real-time modeling a set of AI algorithms to detect behavioral changes. BTW, the web server is slow because of the large number of hits.
  6. maybe - maybe not[ Go to top ]

I'd like to take a look at this stuff, but the web site took several minutes to load (over a T1 connection) and didn't render in any useful form under Firefox. Flash (or what ever is great for some things), but if you want to reach the maximum number of people you need to use pervasive platforms (HTML etc) and consider, in this connected world (Phones, PDA's etc), not everyone has broadband. I won't generally wait more than a minute for site to load. If you've created your website using over complex technology I have little confidence in your product design descisions! C.
  7. Re: maybe - maybe not[ Go to top ]

I'd like to take a look at this stuff, but the web site took several minutes to load (over a T1 connection) and didn't render in any useful form under Firefox. Flash (or what ever is great for some things), but if you want to reach the maximum number of people you need to use pervasive platforms (HTML etc) and consider, in this connected world (Phones, PDA's etc), not everyone has broadband. I won't generally wait more than a minute for site to load. If you've created your website using over complex technology I have little confidence in your product design descisions!

C.
    I think it's been written using OpenLaszlo, which is a great framework but has been known to suffer from performance problems in the past. I thought the most recent version had some optimizations available. Maybe these haven't been used. Kit
  8. Re: maybe - maybe not[ Go to top ]

Yes it’s written in OpenLaszlo and now it’s dynamically loading images instead of static includes.
  9. More than 5 seconds looking at flash 'loading' screen and I'm on to the next link. Sorry.