, the leading provider of commercial open source Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software, has announced the general availability of Jahia 5.0, the first open and unified application suite which includes in one single product technologies such as a Content Management Server, a Corporate Portal Server, a Document Management System, a Search Engine, a BPM Server, a Cache Proxy Server and a dozen of ready to use collaborative portlets.
Key features in Jahia 5.0 includes:
- Easy installation procedure
- Full and native JSR168 Portal and Content Management integration
- Ultra-simple and intuitive In-Context Editing system
- AJAX powered GUI
- Full Multilanguage and internationalization support
- Dublin Core metadata Support
- Webdav support in order to ease document management
- Integrated Search Engine with saved searches capabilities
- Integrated workflow and business processing system
- Copy/paste feature in order to easily duplicate entire sections of your sites
- Improved content reuse: dynamically manage cross-site syndicated copies
- Dozens of ready to use collaborative portlets including a discussion forum, a calendar server, a chat, etc.
- Prepackaged web and SQL clipping utility in order to generate JSR168 portlets without any technological knowledge
- Virtual Site Factory
- Single Sign-On with LDAP or Active Directory support
- XML import/export feature (JSR 170 DTD compliant)
- Clustering ready with specialized dedicated publishing, editing, indexing or processing nodes
- Intelligent front-end ESI/JSR128 Cache proxy for fast performance under heavy loads
- Dynamic site replication on remote servers (e.g. from the intranet to the public web site)
- And much more. Please check the readme file for a full list of features.
More details about the features included in each edition are available at Jahia's website
Jahia Suite 5.0 is currently available for download on our community web site at: http://www.jahia.net/download
. An online demonstration is also available at: http://demo.jahia.org
The Jahia Community Edition is free to download and use under a modified version of the open source Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL). Other commercial extensions are also available with full source code under a fair and sustainable "contribute or pay" license. Please check the licenses
for more information.
Message was edited by: firstname.lastname@example.org