FishEye 1.2 Released - Subversion and CVS Grokking Tool

Discussions

News: FishEye 1.2 Released - Subversion and CVS Grokking Tool

1. FishEye 1.2 is out. FishEye is a companion to any CVS or Subversion repository. It creates and maintains an index of your repository's entire history so you can easily access all the great information lurking there. FishEye also offers a convenient way to refer to anything and everything in your Subversion or CVS repository. FishEye is a commercial product with a thirty day trial available, and free licenses (without strings) are available for open source projects, teaching, and other worthy causes. Highlights
    • Simple administration
    • Powerful search, including an SQL like query language EyeQL
    • Customizable per user, per node RSS feeds and email watches
    • REST and XML-RPC API
    • Single page changeset view with inline enhanced diffs
    • Line graphs, commit volume, file history, age and author charts.
    Play Now:Message was edited by: joeo@enigmastation.com

Threaded Messages (9)

2. Seems like a good tool, the UI seems easy enough. I made a constraint in the Spring CVS with "any, johnsonr, 2006-09-11). In the top it displayed "Viewing only changesets and files committed by johnsonr at date 2006-09-11T00:00:00", but in the filelist it says "MAIN:johnsonr:20060706094649 by johnsonr 06 July 2006" , that's not 2006-09-11? I always wondered why I could not find any open source tools for just this purpose? There is Mozillas Bonsai, but even finding a download of it is frustrating, let alone try to install it later.
  3. I made a constraint in the Spring CVS with "any, johnsonr, 2006-09-11). In the top it displayed "Viewing only changesets and files committed by johnsonr at date 2006-09-11T00:00:00", but in the filelist it says "MAIN:johnsonr:20060706094649 by johnsonr 06 July 2006" , that's not 2006-09-11?
    The date in constraint means "show me the repository as it was on that date". Akin to checking out at a date. Use the search tab if you want to see what happened on a 11 September. e.g. http://fisheye1.cenqua.com/search/springframework/?fromdate=2006-09-11T00:00:00&todate=2006-09-11T23:59:59 (johnsonr didn't commit anything on that day)
  4. what is grokking ?[ Go to top ]

EOF
  5. Re: what is grokking ?[ Go to top ]

Grok (IPA /g??k/, rhymes with rock) is a verb that connotes knowledge greater than that which can be sensed by an outside observer. It is an understanding beyond empathy and intimacy. In grokking, one experiences the literal capabilities and frame of reference of the subject. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok
  6. I use eclipse with Subclipse - FREE[ Go to top ]

For CVS - Eclipse has integrated plug-in for CVS and for Subversion i use Subclipse. I can get most of these features except sql querying and charts.
  7. Re: I use eclipse with Subclipse - FREE[ Go to top ]

FishEye is not meant as tool to integrate your IDE with your source code repositor, as the tools you mentioned do. Instead, its meant to be a tool to explore, analyze, and report on your repositories' contents. Not commit to it. :)
  8. Re: I use eclipse with Subclipse - FREE[ Go to top ]

FishEye isn't meant to replace your favorite IDE (or other app) but rather support it. For instance, it is really hard to refer to a diff you have in your IDE when instant messaging someone or filing a bug in an issue tracker - this collaboration is the classic use for FishEye. The key thing is that everything in FishEye can be shared with a standard URL.
  9. trac anyone?[ Go to top ]

For instance, it is really hard to refer to a diff you have in your IDE when instant messaging someone or filing a bug in an issue tracker
    http://trac.edgewall.org/ is a tool that combines project wiki, issue tracker and subversion GUI in a nice and usefual package. You can look at changesets as whole (something that subclipse doesnt offer), and you can refer from the wiki or commit comments to changesets and files via so-called trac links, which is an extended wiki syntax that would look like "r123", which generates a hyperlink to a diff representation of the complete changeset of revision 123. Very nice. And free. -C
  10. Re: trac anyone?[ Go to top ]

trac is very nice, if only it were available as a war file :) unfortunately it has a lot of python + C dependencies.