BEA Updates Kodo and Weblogic Workshop

Discussions

News: BEA Updates Kodo and Weblogic Workshop

1. BEA Updates Kodo and Weblogic Workshop (8 messages)

BEA has announced Kodo 4.1 and BEA Workshop for Weblogic 9.2. Kodo 4.1 includes the OpenJPA architecture as well as other improvements, and WebLogic Workshop unifies the versioning of the IDE product line as well as being the first version of the plugin to be distributed via Eclipse Update. Both products indicate a commitment to Java EE standards as well as a continued support of JDO through Kodo. Kodo's use of OpenJPA provides a mechanism through which both JDO and JPA can be used to access a given datastore, which is an interesting idea.
  2. BEA has announced Kodo 4.1 and BEA Workshop for Weblogic 9.2. Kodo 4.1 includes the OpenJPA architecture as well as other improvements, and WebLogic Workshop unifies the versioning of the IDE product line as well as being the first version of the plugin to be distributed via Eclipse Update.

Both products indicate a commitment to Java EE standards as well as a continued support of JDO through Kodo. Kodo's use of OpenJPA provides a mechanism through which both JDO and JPA can be used to access a given datastore, which is an interesting idea.
    Having checked the Kodo 4.1 documentation, I am hoping there is a mistake, in that it only supports PostgreSQL 7.2.1 and MySQL 3.23 - versions which are so out of date it is going to be hard to find them on any current OS distribution. PostgreSQL is one of my target databases for development and deployment, and having to revert to an ancient version in order to get a BEA-supported configuration is unacceptable.
  3. http://edocs.bea.com/kodo/docs41/supp_configs/supp_configs.html#wp1074758
  4. http://edocs.bea.com/kodo/docs41/supp_configs/supp_configs.html#wp1074758
    and that is exactly where it says supporting MySQL 3.23, and Postgresql 7.2.1. It nowhere says "from" those versions.
  5. Hi Does weblogic workshop support Java EE 5 stuff ? is there any support for eJB3 ? where i can find Workshop features , what i can do that other IDEs doesnt.... thanks
  6. BEA Kodo 4.1 Supported Configs[ Go to top ]

The supported config does not imply that this is the entire matrix Kodo 4.1 will support. We will announce support for some database and drivers post GA (GA happened for Kodo 4.1 on Oct 11th). The priority order depends on the requests we have seen from customers. Steve's request on PostGres is high on my list as are requests for MySQL . I dont yet have any dates to share but if things go fine, we will have a date to share soon and support soon.
  7. Re: BEA Kodo 4.1 Supported Configs[ Go to top ]

The supported config does not imply that this is the entire matrix Kodo 4.1 will support. We will announce support for some database and drivers post GA (GA happened for Kodo 4.1 on Oct 11th). The priority order depends on the requests we have seen from customers. Steve's request on PostGres is high on my list as are requests for MySQL .

I dont yet have any dates to share but if things go fine, we will have a date to share soon and support soon.
    Your feedback is appreciated.
  8. BEA Kodo 4.1 Supported Configs[ Go to top ]

Hi Steve, From internal testing by some of our developers, just confirming we will certify MySQL5.0 and PostgreSQL 8.0 in a soon to come Kodo 4.1.1. In case you want to use it on what is released, just an FYI we did not need to make any changes for these certifications. Ashok
  9. Re: BEA Kodo 4.1 Supported Configs[ Go to top ]

Hi Steve,
    From internal testing by some of our developers, just confirming we will certify MySQL5.0 and PostgreSQL 8.0 in a soon to come Kodo 4.1.1.

In case you want to use it on what is released, just an FYI we did not need to make any changes for these certifications.

Ashok
    This is helpful. I had specific issues with PostgreSQL+JDO 2.0 in earlier versions of Kodo. It is nice to know these issues have been resolved.